Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What are y'all up to?

Got a link? I don’t do facebook.

Been watching RC Sproul do a reformed series lately. It’s tough stuff,

3 Likes

Finally started to play some Banjo in the band… this took from a Video we are doing for the new Album

11 Likes

RC is my man. I was deeply affected when he passed away. God used RC’s teaching to make me fall in love with Jesus. The only place we have it currently is facebook…you should have to have a facebook account to watch this video: https://www.facebook.com/tulipgrove/videos/2247173198719040/

Here’s the outline: Election-LectureOutline.pdf (55.5 KB)

5 Likes

YAY :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Been having a good week with music, learning a bunch of cool new stuff on the fiddle, got through Ben’s swing guitar rhythm lesson, and some other guitar lessons on swing turnarounds. …just hanging all day & night with my instruments. and working on relaxing with them on new stuff.

I love the days where I play 'til I’m tired and then have the licks/breaks running through my head until I pick it up again…which isn’t long, cause I can’t wait to get to it…jumped back out of bed a couple times to play something I couldn’t shut down otherwise… :laughing:

This place is really starting to look like a bachelor pad though …gonna have to pick up & wash some things here soon…haha

7 Likes

That’s great!

Yes! Happens to me often when trying to ear learn something I really like!

And if I did that, I think they’d lock me outta the house for waking everyone up, so I have to wait till next day!

3 Likes

I’m here alone with the dog in an old farmhouse.

I try to keep him interested but he sleeps thorough our practices…:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Some friends with electricity had us over for supper tonight and I’m able to check email/forum. Things are crazy. We’re going to be without power for another 5 days they say, cell service is essentially down, too. Thank y’all for holding the fort down for me here.

12 Likes

Do you have any property clean up that needs to happen?

5 Likes

I don’t, i hardly lost anything. My big headache is managing construction on generators.

12 Likes

Thanks Ben. I’ve got his entire series on reformed theology. I can send it to you someday. It will probably take many months to absorb all his teaching though.

Bibically sound as it is, I still struggle with election.

1 Like

God Bless the Bricks and Mortars… as too many are disappearing…

Please… Support your local storekeepers when you can.

3 Likes

I just picked up my mandolin to play for 15 minutes, and before I knew it I had written a tune… I’m starting to wonder if this should be classified as a habit or an addiction??? Anyway stay tuned, it’ll show up here before long…

8 Likes

I’ve been really busy the last few days, doing a history project and playing music with the 4-H bluegrass club and at church. I’ve been writing quite a few songs lately, but not bluegrass. The robotics competition we were going to next weekend got cancelled due to the coronavirus. Oh well, more time for music.

4 Likes

Really? 15 minutes… you wrote a tune? Without even trying? I don’t know if that’s going to be a blessing or a curse for you, but either way… you’re killin’ me man, your just killin’ me :roll_eyes:

Well, good on ya. When are you gonna post it?

8 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Slightly Off Song Names

I’m working on this:

fits so many other songs…

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much. Once I realized it was tune material I had to try to remember it, but I hadn’t set out to write one it was an accident.

Probably next week

3 Likes

Speaking from experience, use a head collar instead of a neck collar or harness (especially a harness - that’s like strapping a jet engine on to the end of your leash!!!) Lots of exercise to tire him out and lots of quiet walks to teach him there are times to be full of energy and other times when it’s important to be calm. Oh yeah, don’t forget plenty of bandages for those scrapes when he forgets that was supposed to be a quiet time (for your elbows & knees and not his LOL)

1 Like

@4568Strings thank you! I had someone else tell me about the head collar. I have gotten that and it is working great. We even went cross country skiing last weekend…off leash for my protectuon, and he did super. Stayed with us, moved along on the downhills and didn’t stop in the middle to cause a wreck! He really loved it. He is staying with me really well when playing ball, as I dont have a fenced yard.
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate all the help I can get!

3 Likes