Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

The 9 Pound Hammer

OK, sent msg to Jesse, Ozi, Larry, & Mike. Anyone else I don’t know their kompoz name.

update:

Jesse, Mike, Larry, Ozi, and Ben have been added as collaborators.

Couldn’t find JW on kopoze

Did I miss anyone? I couldn’t remember the beats/min you wanted so left it blank.

no tracks are laid down yet but I think I can get the one mike recorded (scratch?) posted, I think I still have it in here somewhere.

Thanks! I uploaded the latest scratch track. I can get earlier versions up there if anyone wants them.

JW is Kompoz user “shadetree”

Cool I’ll Add him when I get back on my other computer.

Mike I also made you “manager” or something like that in case you didn’t notice. Didn’t know what extra it power or whatever it might give you but thought since you started the thing and do a lot of mixing, and are the only on with such a cute pink guitar…

That pink guitar comes with benefits :slight_smile:

Dave, I think you said you had the start recorded but had to get it on the PC. Is that all worked out?

I was planning on doing it this weekend but couldn’t get to it.

I did manage to get your scratch track changed to WAV file and transferred to my recorder though.

I really do have to get on it because the owner of the fiddle wants it back. I found out the kid that loaned it to me didn’t own it and his grandfather (the owner) has been looking for it. I let them know I had it and would get it back to him soon as I could. Weather has been too bad to bring it down since, but roads are getting better now so might bring it back this weekend. I’m letting the old guy use one of my banjos so he has one to pick on, and we’ve known each other for many years, so things are cool between us. just can’t believe the kids now-a-days…

Poor grandpa couldn’t find his fiddle… that’s terrible. At least it wound up in good hands. BTW, if you need me to leave things as WAVs I can do that. I can’t upload them to Kompoz, but I could leave it in a link for direct download. It’s bedtime for bonzo. Y’all have a good night.

Thanks for setting that up Dave.
I think I know what’s going on now and can access Kompost :confused: Now just trying to get some domestic “alone time” to record and then try to upload. Hoping for tomorrow.
Do we maybe need to take up a collection to get Dave a pink fiddle?
My daughter gave me a tiny pink plastic uke for Christmas (“for the musician who already has everything”) - I see some sort of club in the making for musos whose families don’t take their music seriously … :smiling_imp:

MIke, I can easily convert mp3 to WAV. just not the other way hence the ‘plus’ membership.

Ok, I can make wav to mp3 also if needed.

Thanks for getting us set up, Dave.

Glad to lend a hand Larry.

Mike, I only need to change to WAV to use in my recorder. Once a track is recorded I can upload WAV file to kompoze with my plus membership. itunes will play either so it’s all good.

Tried to get a fiddle track down yesterday but couldn’t hardly make myself play it knowing I’m not supposed to have it. I feel like I’m playing a stolen instrument. I haven’t totally given up on trying to get something laid down on it yet though.

[attachment=0]bored.jpg[/attachment]
[size=150]Wake me up when something happens.[/size] :smiley:

That dog is a pretty good fit!

Fellas I am sorry for being absent as of late. Me and Momma have been in the middle of buying 20 acres with a log cabin on it and it seems the details, inspections, appraisals, etc have taken up most of my time (+ we had 2 nearly 70 degree days and I played golf)…but I am still here and ready to roll, even though I go out of town for a week starting Monday.

I am happy just to hear from someone. I thought maybe me and Larry had made everyone mad :slight_smile:

When you get the property are you gonna have a log cabin jam weekend before it gets too hot?

MIke I may just do that.

Log cabin is currently 1800 sq ft and if the deal goes through I am gonna turn it into 3000 sq ft over a period of a year then move the family there. Can you guys jam with tools, strong backs, and a cooler of cold suds for a like a month straight?

Part of me says “This is the dumbest thing you may have ever decided to even consider in your life” and the other part of me says “Damn Jesse you are pretty dumb”. Then the wife says “I want it”…and the kids want horses, dirt bikes, shooting range, a pond, ducks, chickens, goats, dogs, cats and who knows what else?

I knew my retirement at age 40 would not last! Here I am 3 years later looking at nothing but work.

…Oh a nine pound hammer, just a little to heavy.

Sounds like a fun time. Unfortunately, if I were involved in the construction it would take at least 10 years or so. I am slow.

I was pretty wary about you getting the property… that is until you mentioned the goats. Now I am certain you are making the right move. There’s not much cuter than a miniature goat.

— Begin quote from ____

I thought maybe me and Larry had made everyone mad

— End quote

Good! We haven’t been thrown out of the band.

— Begin quote from ____

Can you guys jam with tools, strong backs, and a cooler of cold suds for a like a month straight

— End quote

I’m pretty good with a cooler. Sign me up for that.