Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Teen Picker's Online Collaboration

Definitely agree with Harrison and Mark. Don’t sit around waiting girl, learn the songs, It may take a while but the real rewards are measuring your own progress and personal accomplishments. We all want to see you succeed.

3 Likes

Thanks for for reassurance guys! I’ll start working on the song later this week!

3 Likes

Just had a thought… Taryn, I suspect that there is some place within a reasonable driving distance that could record the track for you. Perhaps even another member from the forum. If I were homeschooling someone, I’d view audio engineering as a worthwhile subject for a day trip :smiley:

My suggestion is get the part you want learned well and then figure out where/how to record it. If you are comfortable on the part, it shouldn’t take long to set up and record.

5 Likes

:smiley: Yeah, my mom puts that on our reports for the school. I am going to be taking lessons from someone who has a recording studio, so I might get to try that stuff out…

6 Likes

Speed isn’t really a a problem for me and I believe I recorded Salt Creek once upon a time at 250, and it’s @FisherKD that plays steel.

3 Likes

And @theChristiancowgirl, definitely stick with it and we can find some way to get you in.

3 Likes

So I’m doing the rhythm track? I’m just waiting for final instructions to start unless there’s something else to wait for?

2 Likes

Ok, everyone,
@Dragonslayer
@banjoboyk
@theChristiancowgirl
@Michael_Mark
@Fisherbro
@FisherKD
@Kevin_S
please chime in with how many breaks you want for each song and what instruments.
I am doing one break on SC and 2 breaks on FMB. Once we hear from everyone, Gunnar can make the backing track.

2 Likes

@D_HRRFan7303 I can take the starting and ending banjo breaks on FMB and will probably pass on SC if that’s OK.

3 Likes

I’ll do a dobro break on SC and FMB. I could do a guitar break on either one but I don’t think that’s needed.

3 Likes

I can do two breaks for SC and I’ll have to come up with one for FMB or hit Ben up.

3 Likes

Hey, if y’all are interested I could play another guitar break for SC

5 Likes

Ok and just to clarify, one break on FMB is two times through, as per standard.
I’ll take a fiddle and a mandolin break for SC, and I can add a banjo too if necessary, looks like plenty of guitars. And I’ll take one split break on fiddle and harmonica and one banjo break for FMB.

Hey welcome Trevlyn! That’d be great

3 Likes

Welcome Trevlyn!

3 Likes

Welcome! The more the merrier!

2 Likes

Ok sorry it’s taken me a while, I’m fixing to record, so I’m gonna record a rhythm track with eight spaces for FMB, and one with seven for SC, and if there’s not enough people to take all the solos I’ll make up the difference. I’m recording FMB at 120bpm and SC at 125

3 Likes

220 and 225? :grinning:

3 Likes

Actually 240 and 250. I’m recording in cut time :grin:
I only got FMB done yesterday, and I played it eight and a half times through… :man_facepalming: it’s hard recording more than three times through something :grimacing::grimacing: but I guess I’ll just add a half solo somewhere. I’ll upload the track later today and try to do salt Creek soon

3 Likes

I can do the half solo on mando, I’m having a hard time coming up with enough variations for twice through…:wink:

4 Likes

I hope the second time through doesn’t have to be different cause I don’t think mine will be. That would sound a little better though. I’ll see what I can come up with.

4 Likes