Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Teen Picker's Online Collaboration

I am moving this discussion from the Foggy Mountain Special thread.
@Dragonslayer
@banjoboyk
@theChristiancowgirl
@Michael_Mark
@Fisherbro
@FisherKD
@Kevin_S
@gospelguitar04
I think it would be cool to use virtual recording to make some songs. @Mark_Rocka knows a lot more about this, and he could help us with the mixing. Please raise your :raised_back_of_hand: if you are interested. Gunnar, your internet may not work out for this, so maybe you and @Michael_Mark could do it at camp and others could do it remotely.
Any song suggestions?

5 Likes

Sure, I’d be willing to do something like that at camp.

4 Likes

You might want to read through some of the “collaboration” threads.

4 Likes

Definitely interested! Audio only or video too? I think either a standard fiddle or banjo tune would work well, maybe red haired boy, or foggy mountain breakdown? Or we could do a song

3 Likes

Taking @Fiddle_wood’s advice and looking at the complexity of the previous collaboration threads, we should probably stick to audio. I guess we could all play banjo on Foggy Mountain Breakdown…

4 Likes

I have a mandolin and guitar break for that, and can also do a harmonica and fiddle break if necessary. I also have a couple cool variations for it on banjo. Also, I don’t think we’re all banjo players. I think Taryn (@theChristiancowgirl) and the two Fishers are guitarists and Michael is a mandolinist.

5 Likes

Michael Plays Guitar and Banjo too, I wonder what his preference is. Mine would be banjo, because I don’t feel like figuring out a break on something else. :roll_eyes: We could have a guitar, mandolin, banjo, second banjo, and maybe harmonica and fiddle. We just need a dobro player now…

4 Likes

How soon do you want to do this? Cuz I can play dobro but I don’t have one. But I could borrow one from mid February as I’ll be in the states

4 Likes

Same here, we can practice until February, and take our time laying down the backing track, figuring out timing, stuff like that. I can work on the dobro if you want to focus on the fiddle and harmonica.

4 Likes

That’ll work. We’ll need to await responses from the others before working out the details, I know a couple of them don’t check the forum often

4 Likes

I will be bringing all three to camp, but my preference would probably be banjo for FMB.

4 Likes

I’m definitely interested and I will do my best to get a decent guitar break together. It sounds like a lot of fun. And yes, guilty as charged about nor reading the forum very often. I know @FisherKD doesn’t either, but he is my cuz, so I’ll make sure he gets on the ball

4 Likes

Hmm, PA, that’s a lot closer to NY than FL, or WA, or Africa…
This project might shape into something interesting.

3 Likes

I think we should add another tune or two since we’re already making one, it would probably be easier to make another at the same time than starting over at the end.

3 Likes

I would agree, any suggestions? Maybe Salt Creek?

3 Likes

That would be cool with me.

4 Likes

Sure. I can play it well on guitar and banjo, and if I need to I can learn it on fiddle and mandolin.

3 Likes

I got mando, or banjo.

3 Likes

I know my name wasn’t mentioned and that’s fine but I could do dobro on foggy mountain breakdown or salt creek if y’all are interested.

4 Likes

I have added your name to the list, I did not know you were a teen, welcome to the project!

4 Likes