Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Teen Picker's Online Collaboration

Gtr-SaltCreek-Melody.pdf (100.1 KB)
Here’s the tab Taryn.

3 Likes

That would work, but if you can cover an up the neck banjo solo, my coolest solo is down the neck (mostly) and I’ll split break harp and fiddle.

I think he’s most comfortable on banjo, and probably has a pretty cool break

Those look good. Probably let Kaleb take the banjo solo, and I can do the guitar

2 Likes

Yes, I can take the main/first banjo break if you’d like.

3 Likes

Can you also play the ending? I think it’s normal for whoever starts to end as well

3 Likes

Yeah I can do a dobro solo on Salt Creek.

2 Likes

Yes, I can play the ending as well.

3 Likes

Ok, here’s a sample layout for FMB:
@Michael_Mark first banjo part 1x or 2x
@Dragonslayer fiddle break (like in the Scruggs recording)
@D_HRRFan7303 up the neck banjo solo (similar to the one in the Scruggs recording) but only 1x though
@banjoboyk mandolin break
@Dragonslayer your banjo break
@Kevin_S dobro
@Fisherbro Guitar break
@D_HRRFan7303 mando break
@Michael_Mark last time through and caboose.
I don’t think I forgot anyone, anyone can switch or add breaks or whatever.

4 Likes

Are we doing FMB in G or G#? Scruggs did it in G#.

3 Likes

I think it would be easier for everyone if we do it in G.

3 Likes

Salt Creek:
@Michael_Mark banjo break
@Dragonslayer fiddle break
@Kevin_S Dobro break
@Fisherbro guitar break
@D_HRRFan7303 mando break
@Dragonslayer guitar break
@banjoboyk banjo caboose
Maybe add another banjo break in the middle?

3 Likes

I finally had time to sit down with a metronome this evening. I normally play FMB at about 240bps and Salt Creek at about 210bps. If y’all don’t want to play them that fast that’s fine, but imo both songs tend to drag if they get too slow.

3 Likes

Bpm not bps :joy:

3 Likes

I normally play salt Creek between 230 and 250 bpm, and FMB I don’t know

3 Likes

Maybe good speeds would be about 200 for SC and 220 for FMB? But we can only go as fast as the slowest member

3 Likes

I can take filler notes out if I need to, so go as fast as you want.

2 Likes

I can play SC faster than 210bpm if y’all want to. Maybe the others want to weigh in.

Exactly and if others aren’t up to playing it that fast, that’s perfectly fine.

3 Likes

Ooh, maybe we should get @Fisherbro or @FisherKD to play steel guitar for one of them (I don’t remember which one plays)

4 Likes

Hey, I was thinking last week and realized that I have absolutely NO way to upload a relatively decent audio to my family’s computer. We have very old versions, as my Mom’s motto is “Function over fashion”. So I guess I’ll just sit this one out. Thanks for getting me a tab though, both @banjoben and @D_HRRFan7303! Being that I am not going to play, I’ll leave it unopened until I get a gold membership so I do things “legally”. Hopefully, a couple months of gold membership will be under the tree for me this year. :crossed_fingers::blush:

2 Likes

I don’t know how to help you with the audio problem, but this is not a “gold pick only” thing. Anyone on or off the forum can do this. Take the tab and learn it, it’s not like Banjo Ben’s some high security thing where you have to pay to get anything. I believe one reason BBC is so popular is that people know what they’re getting (silver pick, ect.). It’s ok to sit out, but if you want to, learn the tab! :grinning::upside_down_face::wink: We support each other in learning, and Ben in helping us learn.

5 Likes

I agree with Harrison. Go ahead and learn the songs. You’re months away from starting to put things together. A lot can happen before then.

5 Likes