Show me your's and I'll show you mine

Here is my latest Guitar. Got it for Christmas.

Stunning!!!
Thank you for sharing!!

Nice guitar I like it a lot . I only have a few shots of the old Martin, pretty sure they are posted on here somewhere. Not really old it is about two and half years old . What I really want is a Taylor and am torn between selling my Martin to get one but hey I will probably finish out my time with the Martin. Again nice instrument .

Nice looking guitar badshot. Love the logo, that’s right up my alley! Haven’t seen a BackporcH around these parts but wouldn’t mind trying one out.

Here’s a family portrait from my stable.
L-R: D-28, D-18, HD-28

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/jmart63/media/phpDB1ryIPM_zpsvc2pddpk.jpg.htmlhttp://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p599/jmart63/phpDB1ryIPM_zpsvc2pddpk.jpg

And the newest member… Collings D2HA

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/jmart63/media/php5oPqM4PM760_zpsebnvemhm.jpg.htmlhttp://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p599/jmart63/php5oPqM4PM760_zpsebnvemhm.jpg

— Begin quote from "welder4"

but hey I will probably finish out my time with the Martin.

— End quote

CLASSIC! Ken, somebody somewhere could write a song around that statement. :wink:

Nice looking family.

That is very, very pretty Badshot. I really like the flame maple sides. And I am a big fan of no pickguard.

What strings are you using on that? With the maple back and sides, I would expect that the tone is very forward and ringing. I have a feeling that it is quite loud also. Do you have any recordings of you playing it that you could share?

Also, I could not find the model on their current website. Is that a custom model or an earlier model?

I just grabbed my acoustics and took a couple of shots. Not great pics, but shows what I am using these days:

Left to right: Silver Creek T-160 , Recording King RD316 , Blueridge BR-180

Martin 000-15 , Seagull M-12 , Martin M-38

Giannini Craviola Classical , Giannini Flat Series Classical , Great Divide Campfire Guitar

The acoustics I use most often are the Silver Creek (daily teaching), the Recording King (bluegrass gigs and main beater), the Blueridge (when sitting around and I want a really nice tone) and the Craviola (for classical gigs). The Martins are luxuries that I afforded myself only after playing for over 30 years. I play the 15 out sometimes (it is in my member pic from 20 years ago) but the 38 stays with me and only comes out when I want to stay home and spoil myself… did I say soil myself? :laughing:

Beautiful!!!

Here’s my D18GE (being held by my mom). It’s a guitar that I probably won’t ever trade or sell. Hopefully I’ll have it until I can’t play anymore and then I’ll be able to give it to someone. It’s a nice enough guitar, but there are always guitars that are better if one wants to look. This guitar is a keeper because of the specific memories I built with it. I bought it a few years back to take to my parents house when my Mom was ill. The weekend I picked it up it was right before the NCAA basketball tournament. Being from Kentucky, we are UK fans. UK was playing Florida at 11:00 or noon and Mom, Dad and I planned to watch the game. Game time was approaching and Mom hadn’t gotten up yet. To wake her up, I got out the guitar and started playing and singing out in the living room. She didn’t initially come out of the bedroom so I kept getting louder with each passing verse. After running through some more mellow tunes, she finally woke up during “No Sweeter Name.” As she walked out I was playing and singing about as loud as I ever do (the D18GE is a very loud guitar). She was still foggy from sleep, but got a cute little smile and said “That guitar is a beast!” With that, I had my first named guitar. Here’s a picture of my Mom and “beast.”
[attachment=0]MomGE.jpg[/attachment]

Drguitar,
I am not sure as to why it is not listed on BackporcH’s website. Maybe they don’t make it anymore. It actually has a pick guard, you just can’t see it as it is almost invisible. It’s a Taylor clear plastic pick guard that I added to the guitar.

— Begin quote from "drguitar"

That is very, very pretty Badshot. I really like the flame maple sides. And I am a big fan of no pickguard.

What strings are you using on that? With the maple back and sides, I would expect that the tone is very forward and ringing. I have a feeling that it is quite loud also. Do you have any recordings of you playing it that you could share?

Also, I could not find the model on their current website. Is that a custom model or an earlier model?

— End quote

I am still using the strings it came with and I believe they are light gauge. The sound is bright but still retains some deep bass qualities. I currently have no recordings of the guitar.

That is a great story Mike and a great pic of Beauty and the Beast.

It is a beauty Badshot, no matter if they currently make it or not. My first real guitar was an all blonde (Spruce/Maple) 12 string acoustic dreadnought. It was a Penco (Pre-Ibanez build). My wife’s favorite guitar was an all blonde Alvarez jumbo. She sold it in her younger years so I tried to replace it, some years back, with an all blonde Guild jumbo cutaway. Unfortunately, she never bonded with the Guild.

What is the model of your BackporcH dread?

Mike, that’s an excellent pic you posted. I’d love to own a GE but just can’t handle the neck. :frowning:

Love that pic Mike and that is a great story. A keeper for sure.

Nice guitars guys! I really like that backporch guitar and the logo. Never seen one.

I’m still pickin’ the D28 Marquis and a '79 D35. I’ll try to get a pic of the two together next time I’m home.

[attachment=0]DSC05969.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSC05974.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSC05084.JPG[/attachment]here is some recent pics . 1# Martin 2# and 3 is of the Fender 1989 Strat Plus and the last one has the Takemine 1989 . I enjoy them all but the Takemine is down right now as I am redoing a few of the frets and the nut .

I did not post a picture of my banjo cause it was short one string

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

Here’s my D18GE (being held by my mom). It’s a guitar that I probably won’t ever trade or sell. Hopefully I’ll have it until I can’t play anymore and then I’ll be able to give it to someone. It’s a nice enough guitar, but there are always guitars that are better if one wants to look. This guitar is a keeper because of the specific memories I built with it. I bought it a few years back to take to my parents house when my Mom was ill. The weekend I picked it up it was right before the NCAA basketball tournament. Being from Kentucky, we are UK fans. UK was playing Florida at 11:00 or noon and Mom, Dad and I planned to watch the game. Game time was approaching and Mom hadn’t gotten up yet. To wake her up, I got out the guitar and started playing and singing out in the living room. She didn’t initially come out of the bedroom so I kept getting louder with each passing verse. After running through some more mellow tunes, she finally woke up during “No Sweeter Name.” As she walked out I was playing and singing about as loud as I ever do (the D18GE is a very loud guitar). She was still foggy from sleep, but got a cute little smile and said “That guitar is a beast!” With that, I had my first named guitar. Here’s a picture of my Mom and “beast.”
[attachment=0]MomGE.jpg[/attachment]

— End quote

Where in KY are you from? Lexington area myself!

Sweet!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!