Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Offline Video Storage

When we download a lesson to view later while offline, where does that get stored?

1 Like

It stores in your browser’s cache file. I got word from Stephen yesterday that they’re about to make some changes to help this functionality.

6 Likes

how does one access the lesson once its downloaded? I see where I can clear the cache but that would clear the lesson right?

Once it’s working correctly, I think you browse back to the lesson page and it should be available even though you’re not online.

3 Likes

Glad to see that ya’ll are improving the ability to retrieve stored lessons offline. About to go camping and would be great to practice out in the woods. Eb

2 Likes

ALL: please watch this video to see the process:

7 Likes

“The new one takes the place of the old one.”

So just to confirm: We can only cache one video lesson at a time, correct?

1 Like

That’s correct, thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you Ben. These "How to video’s " really helps us get the most from the site.

4 Likes

hi Ben, I followed your instructions but I can not see the videos offline, I use chrome, the computer is a mac, and the browser is updated. during the trial period, everything worked fine.
what’s wrong??
thank you, great job !!

1 Like

I’m sorry! I just checked and it’s not working for me either. I’ve notified my developer and thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Thank you!

I can’t get the download feature to work, I’m using Chrome browser

Hey Billy,

Please send me an email and let me know where you’re experiencing the error and what it’s doing, exactly. Thanks! Send to ben@banjobenclark.com

1 Like

I emailed a couple of screenshots

1 Like

Yep, I replied back to you and copied my web guy…hopefully get some answers soon. Thank you!

1 Like

Still can’t use download offline on any of the 4 updated browsers I have on my PC. Not sure if modern browsers still have this feature. Any way to make this work? Tried your video several times.
Your Doc Watson Black Mountain Rag in C is the best I’ve seen. Been searching for years.
Thanks,
David

2 Likes

Since yours isn’t working i tried (am trying) and its downloading fine. Sorry i cant help u more than that. @BanjoBen should be able to though!

Hi @Mark_Rocka can you offer up some advice/suggestion on this.

1 Like

I wish I could help, but it doesn’t work for me either. The lesson download shows to work fine, but if I go offline, I can’t browse back to banjobenclark.com without a network connection.

My guess is that Google Chrome has been updated multiple times since this feature was implemented. Those updates constantly break stuff. I’ll ask Ben and see what he says.

3 Likes