Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Downloading lesson for offline use

I am having trouble with the downloading lesson option. I am using an android phone not a pc or laptop. When I download the lesson and go back to it with no connection there is no content there. It tells me I’m offline and any downloaded lessons will be here and there is nothing there. Internet is not available where I live and I have to use a cell phone booster to be able to use my phone. So it would be very helpfull if I could get this to work! Any thoughts?

HI,
Sorry you’re having difficulties.
Many people (including Ben) are out traveling for the holiday this weekend.

In the meantime I found this under “help”/ Site resources.

“My video lessons are not able to be downloaded to your computer or device hard drive. However, if you have an updated browser, you’re able to store one lesson at a time in your browser’s cache file for offline use. The tabs and jamtrack mp3’s are downloadable.”

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t show up if it was successfully downloaded to your browser. Someone more knowledgeable will get back to you as soon as they can.

thanks for your patience

Dave

Are you downloading it to a drive located in a cloud? Eg. Google Drive? If so, you will need the internet connection. If it was downloaded to the hard drive on your phone, it should be visible once you have navigated to the drive or folder it was downloaded to. Let us know if you need more assistance. Jack

“Downloading” in this case works a little differently. What’s supposed to happen is that you click the download button in the lesson. Then, when you’re offline and come back to the site, the site realizes you’re offline and presents you with your offline material.

It’s still a bit of a work in progress. Some browsers are having issues with it.

1 Like

Is anyone else having problems with off line lessons? Mine says there downloaded but when i shut off interweb, go to Bens sight it says theres no lessons downloaded. If i had unlimited internet i wouldn’t care but out here in the woods i run out before the end of the month.

Yes, there is a bug going on right now. I refer you to Offline Video Storage post to see how it’s supposed to work and will soon.

I’m new to the site and cannot get the “downloaded” lesson to open in offline Chrome

Hi @billy sorry to learn your encountering problems. Did you check this link and view the video that @BanjoBen posted ?

Offline Video Storage