Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Netgrass: Lost Highway

Thanks for a great link Larry - the bloke is brilliant! However I just lost about an hour out of my life :unamused:
At least I now know who the model was for those Japanese cartoons where the characters have impossibly huge round eyes :open_mouth:

On another note, I suddenly had to go to Canberra late yesterday. While I was there I remembered that Franklyn B. Paverty, Canberraā€™s longest running bushband, was playing for an open air dance so I went by to watch them as Iā€™d never seen them play even though I know a few of the members. The bass player was calling and having trouble doing both - one of them saw me there and came over and asked me to sit in, so I ended up playing for 2 hours (good thing they had chord charts).
Was great to play with such good musos! Must have done ok as afterwards they asked me for a contact for the future if they need a bassist to sub. :smiley:
Hereā€™s them : paverty.com.au

Sounds like a good time, ozi. I checked out the band on Youtube, I didnā€™t recognize the songs or the accents, but the music was very familiar. Now we need a Franklyn B. Paverty Youtube video with ozi on bass.

Sounds good fellers, great job!

Just when you thought this project was deadā€¦ I went back and gave it a listen. When I recorded the GTR track, I was just intending it as a base track. I donā€™t remember how it evolved, but I never went back and recorded a new rhythm track. I am thinking about re-doing it with less strumming to leave more room. I was thinking it might sound good to do that and add in some light mando brushing on open chords. Maybe add some GTR and mando noodling. Any thoughts?

I think thatā€™s a good idea. I thought we might end up with more going on with that project, but it kind of stalled out.

Groovy. Wifey is home for a bit, but Iā€™ll play with the rhythm guitar in the not too distant future. I might do a few different demos and float them for consideration. Of course, if anyone else wants to do the same, that would be awesome.

Greetings! In my opinion, we got a nice start, guys! And this way weā€™ll need some scratch vocals soon. Also, read more about random facts of kindness which makes us perfect: http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/what-you-should-know-about-random-acts-of-kindnesshttp://bigpaperwriter.com/uploads/2089/images/random-act-of-kindness.jpg