Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Netgrass: Lost Highway

Thanks Ozzie. Desirable is good. I think I’ll order one.

One last question, should I get a D nose flute or a G nose flute (so I can play cross-nose flute)?

amazon.com/Grover-Trophy-852 … nose+flute

For 7 bucks, I think you need one of each, Mike!

And, here I’ve been thinking electric guitar players get all the girls.

Haha, Keeping up with the Christmas spirit I present to you a video of “The Nose Flute”…think he will do a collab with us?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6G0vSrv8c[/video]

This is the D45 version of the nose flute! It amazes me how entertaining (and stupid) we as humans can be!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P4WO9nEVNY[/video]

The personal integrated movie partner seems like a great device. I love the “UGE ANDLE” feature

All the noise of a recorder coupled with the humiliation of playing with your nose!

I’m really speechless that someone would put that much effort into designing and building such a contraption as the PIMP. I guess you have to be a professional noseflautist to truly appreciate it.

The close-up shot of the pimp flute dude reminds me of the Hannible Lecter mask, only stranger.

— Begin quote from "ldpayton"

All the noise of a recorder coupled with the humiliation of playing with your nose!

— End quote

This forum is a wealth of information. I just keep learning more and more! I didn’t know you could play one of these with your nose… I was doing it all wrong in kindergarten. I guess that’s why they often come in pairs.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year season to you blokes that I’ve collabbed with this year - it has been a truly fantastic experience. What an amazing thing to make music with others around the world.
Thank you for generosity of spirit and supportive criticism. I look forward to the coming year! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Geoff

Hope Santa brings you a cross nose-flute Mike, and maybe even a gorgeous Fijian girl to play it :astonished:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well!

I don’t think I’ve been good enough to deserve a nose flute.

Merry Christmas to all the great folk I’ve met here, especially my netgrass buddies!

[attachment=0]netgrass-christmas.gif[/attachment](Jesse & Shawn, I didn’t have a head shot of you guys, so you’re saved the humiliation of being a cartoon … this time!)

haha pretty cool, Larry. Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you and yours all have a safe and happy holiday season. :smiley:

Nice Larry!

Merry Christmas guys! Hope y’all have a good 'un!

That’s awesome Larry. What a great Christmas Gif! My wife wants to steal it to put it on her facebook page. Sorry for the pilfering :slight_smile:

Haha, Santa just returned from Ohio and has just finished wrapping up the 3 kids gifts…now it’s time for bed…but you know the kids will be up by 4:30 or so!

Larry, bout the only time I ever showed my mug was in the pic in the “Hunting and Fishing” section where I was holding up that 6lb bass! You know…the good lookin’ guy!

Merry Christmas all…this cat is going to bed!

I forgot to look in Hunting & Fishing, oldhat, but now that you mention it, I remember that picture. I think I was focused on the fish, though!

Um we ever gonna dig up “Big Rig Blues” aka White Freightliner…or has it died on the vine?

If not, then pick another one Larry.

We could do an OCMS song. I like playing Next Go 'Round and James River Blues and I’ve even got all Ketch’s fiddle breaks worked out for guitar on Wagon Wheel.

Pick one if you want Larry…should be your decision this time man.

If you have a break worked out for Wagon Wheel then I’d love to hear it. I was gonna set down and come up with something but never did. If you have the tef files for it then send them my way brother, would love to have something to listen to on the guitar side of things to steal from/build on.

I haven’t really worked up my own guitar break. I just tried to copy the fiddle as best I could. No guarantees on the accuracy: [attachment=0]Wagon Wheel.tef[/attachment]

Thanks for the Tef file Larry. Worked through and learned it all today over about 5 hrs.