Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Member Locations

I imagine Mike is right. I do try to clean up the map periodically, and I’ve even found Ben’s marker dragged to the wrong place in the past. The markers that get dragged out into the ocean are easy to see, but the one’s like you just pointed out are harder to find. Thanks for mentioning them. I just dragged them back close to where they should be.

I also delete markers that get placed but don’t have a name associated with them, so if any of you placed a marker and don’t see it now, it’s because it was generically named “Placemark” and I assumed it was created by accident.

I just added myself in, hope that’s okay. Sure does look like it would be easy to blow it, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t. I don’t get to say that often.

I figured you were already on the map, Jim, given that you’ve been around here for a while. Looks like you got yourself added without blowing up the map. :smiley:

Hey, I’m not only the only BC that tag on to the map, but I have to represent Canada. Such pressure. I like this site so much, I thought there would be a lot more on the map.

— Begin quote from "Super 55"

I like this site so much, I thought there would be a lot more on the map.

— End quote

We are glad to have another pin! I think that there are quite a few members who don’t post in the forums (or get on the map).

Hello everyone, New member here from Southeastern Ohio. If someone would be nice enough to add me to the map, I would be quite greatfull. Many thanks ! Recently started learning to pick the Mandolin as my late Father wished, by leaving me his beautiful 1955 Birdseye Maple Solid body Electric " Harvey " with a Bigsby pickup. Thanks Dad for such a fine instument as well as a great piece of music history, and thanks Ben for teaching me to play it. Hope you all had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving !

I haven’t been on the forum in a bit, what with the Thanksgiving holiday, but I’ve got you added to the map now, ricbaugus.

I wasn’t familiar with Glenford, but I see I’ve been in your neighborhood for shows at the Buckeye Lake Amphitheater.

Welcome to the site. There is a lot to learn here. Hope you have fun with it.

Howdy all,

Upon recommendation I have added my pin to the map right in the heart of the beautiful Bluegrass state… home of pretty women and fast horses, or was that fast women and pretty horses? I don’t know.

T.O.M.

Welcome TOM,

You are from right around where I grew up in Danville and even closer to where I went to school (Eastern). I’ve been gone for about 20 years, but I still miss it.

Mike,

I have a younger brother who lives a stones throw North of you in Azle.

My wife & I have lived here in Richmond for 7 years now and we really love it. In fact, she served as a professor in the education dept at EKU when we first moved before taking her present position as a Principal. We moved here from the N. KY area when our son was leaving for college and my wife & I both felt it necessary to make a location move in our chosen professions. Turned out to be one of the best moves we have ever made.

I was raised in the Black Hills of South Dakota and moved here 30 yrs ago to go to college, met my beautiful wife and now claim KY as my home. Biscuits & gravy, Bluegrass and Ale8… can’t get much better than that.

T.O.M.

I have an Ale8 in the fridge, ready for the first UK basketball game on Friday :smiley:

Mike,

When my family visits I always introduce them to Ale8, and another ‘hometown’ favorite… Mingua beef jerky. Problem is, they all love it and live in areas where the only option is to order online and it isn’t cheap to order and have shipped.

Good stuff!
T.O.M.

Shipping can be a problem (ale8 is pretty heavy). My next trip up I need to re-stock on my gold star chili spice packets.

I’m from Ashland, KY. Can someone add me to the map, I’d appreciate it.

— Begin quote from "adc"

Added m’self. Portland Oregon for some North West picker action.

— End quote

Hi ADC,

I’m in Portland, Oregon.
Great to have a neighbor on this site!

All the best,

Harv

— Begin quote from "TheOtherMarshal"

Howdy all,

Upon recommendation I have added my pin to the map right in the heart of the beautiful Bluegrass state… home of pretty women and fast horses, or was that fast women and pretty horses? I don’t know.

T.O.M.

— End quote

T.O.M.,

Nicholasville, KY myself!

Hi Guys
I am from a city in the UK called Leeds which is in the great county of West Yorkshire, I don’t know how to add myself to the map so if someone could do that it would be appreciated, also the names Tim :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas everyone. Just recently started learning how to be play the banjo and become a member. No previous string instrument experience and at 46 quite a learning curve. I am officially addicted to the banjo though. Looks like I’m the first marker on the map in Bonnie Scotland.

Welcome ScruffyDog!

How can I pin my location?