Member Locations

Here’s the link to our Member Location map on Google.

Any chance it could be made sticky, Ben, so that it stays near the top of the forum?

Wow, we’ve got 46 people on the map from 5 countries!
The forum lists about 80 members, so there are still a few that aren’t listed.
jim

Wow, a lot of members in the south and east. Looks like someones gotta move to CA or we need some members from here so I can get some jammin in.

Yeah, isn’t it funny how we’re all grouped up, from the mid-west to the east coast.
I know there are more pickers in the west, where are they hiding?
jim

We’re clustered around the Appalachians. Most of our families hain’t drifted down from the mountains long enough to make it all the way to Californy.

It was good enough for Jed! :laughing:

Good old germany

maps.google.de/maps?q=schwabach, … ayern&z=18

Added myself :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from “Reefda”

Added myself :slight_smile:

— End quote

Hey Reefda, welcome to Ben’s site. How are things in Sweden? What instrument do you play?
jim

We were getting quite few unlabeled placemarks on our map. I’m pretty sure they were just placed in error (some were out in the middle of the ocean), so I deleted them. Hopefully, I didn’t delete any members (maybe somebody really does live in a submarine out in the Pacific Ocean), but if I did just re-mark it with a label other than “Placemark”.

— Begin quote from “Stich”

Wow, a lot of members in the south and east. Looks like someones gotta move to CA or we need some members from here so I can get some jammin in.

— End quote

A bit South of you: Mojave Desert - Inyokern, CA.

Dan

Great Gator, we’re getting closer.

Nice area of California you are in. I suspect there is a little bit of gold around there. We have plenty here, too, but you have to eat some dust to get at it!

Wasn’t always a desert rat. Thirty years ago I spent a few years just south of ldpayton, in good ol’ Gainesville, FL. And way before I finally got smart and learned the joys of Banjoing, I remember seeing Red and Murphy Henry playing for free at the little student pub on campus (the Orange and Brew). Yep, those were the days!

All right! Nice to have a fellow Gator on the site.

New member here, and added myself as well. I see that west of the rockies is not very well represented, so I managed to improve that by one.

Max - Prescott, AZ

Thanks Ben, it’s good to be here. I’ve been playing guitar for just over a year now, and being retired I’m able to put in plenty of practice time. I’m always looking for more progress!

— Begin quote from “canyonhiker”

New member here, and added myself as well. I see that west of the rockies is not very well represented, so I managed to improve that by one.

Max - Prescott, AZ

— End quote

I know a picker in Prescott - Len “Scrubby” Lebow. He plays 'em all: Mando, Git, Banjer. Even saws on a fiddle on rare occasions…

Dan

how do I get my location on the map,Ive put it in profile is there some other place to enter info ???

Hey budman,
You have to be logged into your Google account before you can edit the map. I went ahead and stuck a marker for you right on downtown Williamsburg. You can go in and place it more precisely, or add extra info, if you want.

Howdy folks - new member, on the map now. Australia just caught up to Sweden!