Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Member Locations

You know, I don’t know! Ha! Maybe @fiddle_wood or @Mike_R can help us out.

On the map in the first post, there is a boxish icon in the upper right corner. Clicking that opens a larger version (which is in a new tab in my browser). You log into google and edit the map and place a pin for yourself. If you don’t have a google account, tell us where you need a pin (and the preferred name… note this is publicly accessible).

1 Like

It appears somebody moved HandAndy out into the ocean. Is he at sail, or should he be moved back to BNA?

I see the instructions that say to log in to your Google account and then click on the Add Market button, but I don’t see an Add Marker button. A little help?

After you expand the map, it’s this little thingy:

04 PM

Oh, yeah I’m not seeing that at all, even after I log in and expand the map. Looks like I need to do some troubleshooting. Thanks!

dident work for me aswell on my phone. but it did show up on my computer.
same on the forum some functions get the boot on the phone :slight_smile:

That’s so weird. I’ve tried on my phone and my PC using Chrome and IE. Nothing I use shows the buttons Ben posted above.

Did you hit the “edit” button first?

I had to to get the editing functions to appear…

I added my location here on the banks of the American River in the Sacramento area. I had to log into my gmail account first, then zoom to the location, edit the map, then save. It takes a few minutes to refresh.

1 Like

My problem is that there’s no edit button. I’ve tried from my phone and my PC. I’ve made sure I’m logged in to gmail. I finally gave up. It’s not meant for anyone to know where I am. :slight_smile:

Mark, want me to try to put a flag in the Houstonish area with your username (minus the underscore)?

Greetings from South Bend, Indiana. Just added a flag there. Got an RKO-3S for Christmas. Excited to learn how to play it. My first video I found on youtube was Ben showing how to wear the picks. I was wearing them all upside down. Wow. :astonished:

2 Likes

Hi to South Bend. ND Country!

I am really thinking that this RK will be my “Future” Banjo purchase… so please do tell more about how you like it… and now long you’ve had it…

I am interested to hear and do keep in touch!

2 Likes

I received the RKO-3S as a Christmas present. Seems like a good entry level price point for having a practice Banjo that is more then just a toy. This is my first stringed instrument, so am no expert. But I like it. It needs tuning every few days. Guessing a more expensive one would not need tuning so often. I’d say it plays bright. The tone seems better picking closer to the neck then to the bridge which might be true for all Banjos. I really don’t know. I thought it played too soft until I started using the picks correctly. Now I really like the volume. It looks nice too. If you live near a Guitar Center, they typically have them in stock at the stores if you want to check it out in person before you purchase one. :slightly_smiling_face:

It is a "3 S " beginners banjo … not a “35” …just thought I might clarify in case you were thinking it was a 35 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried to also find a way to add my location - unsucccessfully.

Can someone help me place a marker in my location?

If there is a way, please send me a message directly…

1 Like

Very cool!

I find that my particular style of playing has my had prefer the “tighter” string tensions closer to the bridge - more than the looser feeling near the neck… but that is just me and I have only olaying for about 1.75 years… so I am NO expert!

Good to hear from someone in BIG10 country parts… well, mid-West anyway.

1 Like

I added you to the map at Milford. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you!

I expect to move in 5 months and will have to update my location then!

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m in there now… big Navy Blue anchor in Manassas, VA!

2 Likes