Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben member jams

Hi Ben
Is there a way to find out if there are other BB members in my city/region? Is that something your website could facilitate? I always thought it would be great to meet and jam with actual members who have studied the same lessons or songs I have. I don’t know how practical this is, but I live in a fairly big city and thought there might a few more like me here. I’m a beginner when it comes to jamming and the the few sessions I’ve been to were fun but a bit of a waste of time. Many of the songs we played were things I couldn’t easily play or not the type I was hoping to jam along with. I’d be great to play with those who were literally on the same page as me!
I’m thinking this is something you’ve already been asked about, but if you could let me know your thoughts on this I’d appreciate it.
Cheers
Larry

4 Likes

I’ve wondered the same thing, I have met one other member, and the jamming was really fun cuz we could play a couple of Ben’s arrangements. I know Ben’s camp was a great place for members to meet, but not everyone could attend

At one time this thread had a link with a map of dozens of forum members on it.

I just checked and it said “permission required.” Not sure what that’s all about.

2 Likes

If you live in a fairly big city, than I am pretty far…

4 Likes

This is a great idea! I’m working on some new site features and will include this.

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone for replying!
I look forward to seeing and using the new site features

L

@Mark_Rocka,

Can I ask for your support to ensure my location is in Commerce Township, MI?

My OLD location was Milford, MI

Or just a little coaching and I’ll do it.

@trevanfc1429,

Nice to see you here. Please come back often and post to keep in touch.

The forum is the best because of the contributions of its’ members - like you!

1 Like

I wish I could help, but the map site is telling me I don’t have access to it.

Bummer…

Can anyone else lend a :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:?

@Mark_Rocka I think you are the only one that I am aware of that is close to me if you call 3 hours away close, but I would love to find some pickers to try and learn from and maybe play some songs…I guess I better start brushing up on @BanjoBen songs…

1 Like

@_Tye_Stick, I think possibly @Mike_R might be a Texas drive away from you also. But I’m not really up on Texas geography

I am near Fort Worth. I am locked out of the map as well.

Done.

1 Like

Did you make it to the map @trevanfc1429 ?

Thank you @Fiddle_wood!

You can email me (If you wish, I’d like to learn) with instructions at: mdgri3@gmail.com

I had to get permission from Larry (started map) to edit the map.

I just right clicked your marker and deleted it, then chose a new marker form the menu to put in the new place.

Awesome. Thank you very much @Fiddle_wood… And to Larry too.

No, I don’t think I’m on the map, but I’m not able to view it.
In any case, I’m in Vancouver, Canada.
Thanks!

@Dragonslayer I’m in South Texas…EVERYBODY is a Texas drive from me…:woozy_face:…unless someone is residing near the C.C. area then they are only HALF a Texas drive from me…

2 Likes