Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lost our Avatars?

I can now see your new profile, @Dragonslayer, but there are still lots of blank heads.

Yeah, I can see my profile, but almost everyone else (except @Maggie, and @Treblemaker) is a blank head

I’ve tried everything above with no results. But over time, you all are coming back. I now see avatars for @Dragonslayer , @fiddle_wood, @Woodshed, @C-Stewart and @Treblemaker . Still nothing for @Archie, @Mark_Rocka, @Butch and @Fisherbro

I think maybe if your avatar disappeared you only see people’s who have reloaded theirs, and those who’s haven’t gone will see everyone’s that hasn’t disappeared only

Can you say that three times fast?

That-that-that :running_man: :wink:

2 Likes

Hey Guy’s I think this topic has run it’s course. Don’t you ?

nice

No, cuz your’s is still gone

Hey, I’m seeing @Archie now

Well now Archie’s avatar is gone again. What the what the?

Guy’s. Give it up and play your banjo. No point wasting valued practice time hunting down the avatar

1 Like

Ok good point, we’ll leave bad enough alone and go practice :wink:

Oh no, not giving it up. Avatars are important. They save time. It’s much easier to sort through posts and responses when you recognize an individual’s avatar. When they’re all just the same grey head and shoulders, you have to mouse over it and hover to see the name and it takes your brain longer to process a name than an image.

They’re also a personal touch; since most of us have never met each other personally, we’ve never been able to “put a face to the name” and so an avatar is all we have to reconcile some sort of social familiarization until we do meet some day.

There is solid science behind associating people with an image or a thing rather than just a name; it helps build trust relationships. The presence or absence of avatars can also affect how we behave toward each other; warmly or coldly, with compassion or indifference, etc.

And I assure you, this is not cutting into my banjo playing time. It may be cutting into my daily chores and stuff, but I think I can live with that. And, this post might be on pace to be one of the top posts to get the most responses, so… there’s that. :wink:

1 Like

Maggie, the problem is a flaw in the code in the web site. It’s nothing you’re doing or not doing. I understand your desire to correct it, but I believe it’s out of our hands. Even if you did manage to fix it for yourself, it likely wouldn’t be a permanent fix, and it still wouldn’t be fixed for others.

Ben is working behind the scenes to get this, and a few other issues resolved, but it’s a lengthy process. I hate to see you spin your wheels on an issue that you likely won’t be able to resolve on your own.

Well there you go. That’s the first time someone said that it’s a code problem and it’s being worked on, unless I just missed it of course, and if I did, I bet it was from someone without an avatar :slight_smile:

Coolio

1 Like

Likely so, cuz the guy you just heard it from hasn’t an avatar

1 Like

right you are

HI @Maggie, Sorry I thought you knew there was a few gremlins in the Forum, @Mark_Rocka @BanjoBen and I have been chatting about this for a while and I just assumed folks knew Stephen was working with Ben to resolve this that’s why I suggested we drop the topic. Whilst it may not be impacting on your practice time it does on @Mark_Rocka and my time because we keep a watchful eye on the Forum to answer queries when Ben’s not around. .

1 Like

Muchos apologias for distracting you :open_mouth: please forgive us oh forum master and peacekeeper :pray:

1 Like