Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Lost our Avatars?

This would make a good detective show :mag:

1 Like

I can also see @BanjoBen and @Butch. The rest of ya’ll are out of luck.

I was unable to set one in Chrome but Edge worked. No idea why.
I guess it could be a cache or cookie issue. Could perhaps try logging in on a different device.

I logged into my profile, and set new avatar. Still not showing up in Forum. Then I discovered that my computer was logged into 145 sessions. I logged out of them and it came back.

1. Login to the forum.
  2. Single click your avatar.
  3. Click the little gear wheel to the right.
  4. Scroll down to where it says “recently used devices”.
  5. Over to the right, click “log out all”.
  6. Log completely out of Ben’s site, and log back in.

Hope that helps.

Jack

2 Likes

Awesome! I don’t know that I would have ever thought of that. Great job!

1 Like

Alright, now I can see @Treblemaker and @C-Stewart as well

1 Like

Just FYI, I still DO NOT see your avatars -

@Archie, @_Tye_Stick, @Fisherbros, @Mark_Rocka, @Dragonslayer, @anon8000755, @Mike_R

It’s just not the same guys without your avatars :cry:

Strange…I run an old pc w/chrome and can see everyone’s except
Fisherbros

I see yours by the way. I’ve reset cache and stuff, not sure what else to try.

Did you try @Treblemaker’s steps above?

Same here.

I did indeed. I only had 104 sessions… But yeah, I logged out of all and got back in and it’s still the same.

Oh what to do what to do…

Maggie,

Try repeating steps 1 through 6. Then, shut down PC and disconnect network cable if you have one. If not, shut down cable modem, for a minute and restart. Reseat cable and restart.

Hope that works.

Jack

Maggie,

You may also try this.

1. right click windows icon in bottom left
  2. left click “run”
  3. type “cmd” and press enter
  4. at the command prompt type “CD” and press enter
  5. from the command prompt type “erase *.tmp /s” and press enter

This will delete all the temporary files (which are basically junk files), on the C drive and in all subfolders. It may even improve the performance of you computer a bit.

Jack

Hi Jack Nothing happens all I get is C;/users/my name at the prompt

I urge caution when typing the erase command and wildcard characters into a command prompt if you are unsure what they mean. There are few take-backs when it comes to the command prompt.

I don’t know if temp files have anything to do with the current avatar woes. But if anyone wants to see if it helps, you can also remove temp files with the Disk Cleanup tool. Here is an article providing instructions for various versions of Windows.

Archie,

type CD\ and press enter. (this takes you to the root C drive. then type “erase *.tmp /s” to delete you temp files. Be wary of the spaces needed in the erase command.

Hope that helps,

Jack

Best thing about this, here’s the cool thing. I didn’t have to contact Ben at all. Technical support contacted me, apparently just after seeing this and fixed the glitch! Thank you!!!

Butch B.

Oh, to clarify. Fixed the phone sign in problem. Not avatars…

1 Like

Argh! It finally got to my phone :sob: I’m gonna logout/in and see if it helps