Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

It will arrive soon!

Just bought a Yates RS Arch-top that Ron Stuart is selling. It is a prototype he played on shows w/the Boxcars for a couple months in 2011.

Can’t hardly wait…!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2EzZXQedM[/video]

Good deal. Congratulations. Please post some pics and/or clips when it arrives!

You lucky dog…definitely put up some pics.

http://www.banjohangout.org/myhangout/photos2.asp?id=57047&photoID=118738&albumid=0

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjUcYi3YleE&feature=plcp[/video]

Sweeet!!!

The picture with the banjo strapped on and the fiddle in one hand reminds me of Nigel Tufnel’s solo from “Spinal Tap.” Sorry if no one else gets the reference, but it brought a smile to my face, so I thought I would pass it along.

haha, this goes to 11!

I’m glad someone got my reference. That solo was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Nigel is dragging the fiddle strings against his overdriven electric guitar strings making a screeching noise. He pauses and looks at the fiddle a bit quizzically, then adjusts the tuning of the violin and goes back to dragging it across there. My description doesn’t do it justice.

well, check is cashed and banjo is sent! Will be getting a tracking number here pretty quick…hehe think I’ll sit on the porch and wait some more…

Good deal!

— Begin quote from "fiddlewood"

well, check is cashed and banjo is sent! Will be getting a tracking number here pretty quick…hehe think I’ll sit on the porch and wait some more…

— End quote

In honor of this thread you’ll have to learn Big Bottom and 'grass it up. :wink:

— Begin quote from "mswhat"

In honor of this thread you’ll have to learn Big Bottom and 'grass it up. :wink:

— End quote

“How can I leave this behind?”

If it helps, I can get you the lyrics and the four bass parts :slight_smile:

Arrived via USPS this morning in excellent shape and still in tune to a tuner!

Picked about Two minutes on it and it’s a good-un! Plays (action and string spacing) not much different from my Hatfeild, if at all. The neck is a bit different, but not to where it is at all uncomfortable to get used to.

ummm…gonna go pick now…

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it.

Congrats!

It sure sounds good in the video, hope you enjoy her!

OK, after a few more hours of playing I can definitely say this thing is the Bomb! It sounds like the pre-war arch-tops I’ve played across form that a couple of my friends have, just an amazing deep tone with a “something extra” that makes it stand out from the normal flat-heads or the overtightened Ralph Stanley sound.

I couldn’t be happier!

gotta go pick some more, hehe…

I love that “something extra.” People pay five figures just for that something extra… to a typical audience member, I don’t think they know or care, but to a player it can mean everything. I’m glad your new banjer has it.

Here’s a few pics my Sister took of the arrival:

[attachment=3]Yates RS Archtop (Arrived).jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]Yates RS Archtop (Back).jpg[/attachment}

[attachment=1]Yates RS Archtop (Front).jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Yates RS archtop (me).jpg[/attachment]

That’s awesome. Thanks for posting the pics!

That is an awesome sounding banjo, enjoy!