Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

It will arrive soon!

Thanks guys,
After a couple weeks of pickin’ on it I can say it plays great too. The sound up on the highest frets is awesome! Now I just have to learn to play it well enough to deserve it…I wouldn’t want someone to accuse me of being a collector… :laughing:

I was a bit stressed when it was being sent up. Guess I'll have to change my opinion of the USPS and upgrade them a bit on my scale.

That’s awesome Dave! Congrats!

I’m getting serious GAS (BAS?) for a banjer now.

I love the fact that you still use oil lamps…how awesome is that!?! And I thought people around here were the only ones that use those anymore lol! Congrats man, that banjo looks and sounds amazing.

good eye Charles! yup I have the two by the door, four table/reading size and two little “go to the restroom” size lamps. Our power used to go out a lot and I have always had them in the house since I was a kid.

They remind me of a home my nanny used to live in…grandmother… and the power would go out very often…often enough to warrant keeping 5 gallon barrels of oil around just for lamps lol. The house was rickety at best and set back in the woods…lots of noises when it settled at night along with the animals around…makes me miss her like crazy…a much simpler time in life.

OK, one more banjo to wait for and I think I will have enough (for now). UPS should be showing up tommorow with my ''29 Gibson TB-1. This is a pristine instrument w/the original hoop (never been cut down for a tone ring), and a Robin Smith built neck. Wooohooo…I’ll probably be up all night checking the tracking :laughing:

departed Maumee,OH 8:40…is it here yet? :unamused:

Wow. I don’t know much about banjos, but that sounds pretty awesome. Let us know how she sounds!

Out for delivery at 6:07am…I’m more excited than a Hello Kitty guitar at a Mary Kay Party…Think I’ll go sit on the porch.

hahahahahaha

Sweeeet!

Pictures pictures pictures!..Video clips too!

— Begin quote from "fiddlewood"

I’m more excited than a Hello Kitty guitar at a Mary Kay Party.

— End quote

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Here! Nice banjo! Put a new set of strings on it and it picks pretty nice. Neck is smooth. Can’t believe how light it is w/o a tone ring. Sounds pretty cool too.

Only drawback is no spikes installed, so have to play everything w/o capo for now.

I’m in the process of trying to get decent recordings all four of my banjos to post up so people can compare them.

Yay!