Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Easter Song

Yeah, sorry. I would like to sing it how y’all put it, but I’m not sure how @Michael_Mark did it… how I sung it was just what came to mind. I must confess I don’t completely understand all these… Kind of embarrassed about that… Gotta learn somehow I guess. What is the E position? I’m guessing the 1,4, and 5 are the order of the chords?

2 Likes

@Michael_Mark, maybe C would be easier for @grace to sing as it is just a 1/2 Step up from where she sang it.

3 Likes

well not the order the chords are played in, but that it is refering to the chords in the key of G?

3 Likes

E position capoed 3 would mean that you’re playing in G, but out of the position of E. So G, C, and D (1, 4, and 5 chords for the key of G) would become E, A, and B. I suggested E position because I like that particular voicing of the guitar for this song, but you can play it in whatever key you want as long as you’re playing the 1, 4, and 5 chords for that key.

2 Likes

G Shure would make Mando much earlier for me. I am not as talented as y’all

3 Likes

@Michael_Mark,

What if we put:
Measure 1: 1 (G Maj),
Measure 2: 6 (E min),
Measure 3: 1 (G Maj),
Measure 4: 5 (D Maj 4th) to D Maj

2 Likes

Whatever you want to do is fine. It’s your song :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now… OURS… @Michael_Mark and @Grace

3 Likes

I vote we make this a forum-wide effort.

3 Likes

SURE… But was trying to avoid too many chefs :man_cook::woman_cook:… Lol

3 Likes

Maybe this could be @BanjoBen’s next contest… :thinking:

1 Like

So long as the music has a demoted caboose, I am happy :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@Grace, do you think there should be a chorus or just the 4 verses with the caboose?

3 Likes

Like I said, not sure… I think it depends on how fast we choose to sing the song, and how many times we sing the chorus, and even we can come up with words that fit… I know personally, I don’t like it when songs drag on too long. I think a chorus that puts more emphasis on the “Death has died!” would be good though.

2 Likes

@Grace,

Do you think you can give it a try… To record it in 3/4 time in the key of G?

3 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

I’ll give it a try… I learned about timing and understand the concepts, but am not good at it. I just strum whatever seems to fit how I’m singing.

2 Likes

thanks Michael_Mark! that makes it much clearer to me.

2 Likes

I liked the general tempo you used @Grace

See if you can interpret this…

Sing pickups: G, B, C (God sent his)
Measure 1: 1 (G Maj) sing: D (Son) E,D,B
Measure 2: 6 (E min) sing: G (all) G, B, C
Measure 3: 1 (G Maj) sing: D (shared) E,D,B
Measure 4: 5 (D Maj 4th to 3rd) sing: A (testify)

Sing Pickup: A, B, C (Of God’s great)
Measure 5: 1 (G Maj) sing: D (Love) B,G,F#
Measure 6: 4 (C maj), sing: E (call) F#,E,G or E,C#,E
Measure 7: 1 (G Maj) sing: D (day) A,C,B
Measure 8: 1 (G Maj) sing: G (die)

3 Likes

She is song writer, singer, musician. In short, she is amazing Grace! :slight_smile:

5 Likes