Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Easter Song

This is a song my brother, mom, and I wrote together. We started working on it yesterday, so we only have the first verse and chorus so far. Praise be to God! Hope y’all enjoy. Happy Easter! :upside_down_face:

18 Likes

Nice job guys!!

4 Likes

Fantastic bravo hat_wave

4 Likes

:pray: insprational… and joyous… @Grace

3 Likes

Praise the Lord! Glad y’all enjoyed it.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I enjoyed that @Grace. Our Lenten sermon series discussed the questions from Jesus leading to the Easter sermon “Why are you weeping?” That song for right into my pastor’s message. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Your welcome! Our Pastors sermon had a similar thought as well. I am so thankful that he is risen! When Jesus met death, death died!

4 Likes

Great job. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Love it!!

3 Likes

Good job, team! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow,. What a fantastic quote! It is inspiring enough to form into a song… like something like a mix of Gospel/Spiritual and a kind of Old West showdown type of feel. The showdown and GREATEST VICTORY in HISTORY! The challenge from my perspective would be to make it reverent to the Lord… but what a great line for a gifted Songwriter.

Fantastic possibilities…

3 Likes

OK let me add, “The King is risen, long dead death!”

3 Likes

Great!

4 Likes

Yes sir! Had the same thought when my dad said it. We had just finished our live stream service when he came up with that. He was thinking about how there’s a chuck noris joke about how death was too afraid to tell chuck he had died, but when then put the same thought to Jesus, death died!

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: I like it!

3 Likes

@grace,

Here is my attempt… and wish @BanjoBen, his talented sisters or y’all could put music to it!

The Day Death Died (written with 3 meter in mind)

A man was sent to teach us all,
His message shared to testify,
Of God’s great Love, a Clarion Call,
A coming day that death would die!

Our Lord walked on to Calvary
A Pastoral lamb for you and I
A blood-stained cross, our Victory
Jesus met death and death did die!

On Easter Morn, the King did Rise
An empty tomb, the world to see
God’s Grace bestowed, our precious prize
Now death is dead for eternity

These troubled times, we need not grieve,
Though faith alone to justify
Salvation claimed when we believe
Jesus met death and death did die!

5 Likes

Nice! I like it! My brother is more of the writer than me. I’ll have to show him and see what he comes up with. I’d really like to see if @BanjoBen and his sisters could put a melody to it though!

3 Likes

Thanks @Grace,

I was hoping and risking to avoid disappointing you… But thank you for the compliment and latitude to use your phrase in the first place.

That was another reason to fit the word “Grace” into the words - in acknowledgement to you… directly. :wink:

I was torn to take a more modern approach but it took on more of a traditional structure… a hymn of praise in these tough days that is overtly direct.

It seemed appropriate to be direct in these times… especially through Easter.

I think a subtle and more modern approach might be interesting too…

3 Likes

Wasn’t disappointed at all WillCoop , thanks for taking the risk! And thanks for the acknowledgement with my name.:blush:
I think it does have more of a traditional hymn feel to it, but you’re right, it fits the time.

2 Likes

Well, it was you nickname, right?

Fitting Richard into the lyrics would have proved a bigger challenge. :flushed:

I also tried to get @jmonickaraj1’s line in there too… admittedly slightly altered…

3 Likes