Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Guitar lesson: Over in the Glory Land- Build-a-Break

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/over-in-the-glory-land-build-a-break-guitar-intermediate

I can’t wait to get there, but until then we’ll sing and play about it! We’ll start with a bare bones melody, then add some heavenly licks and divine tricks to take it to the next level!

7 Likes

This looks fun! One of my favorite songs. Can’t wait to dive into this!

4 Likes

I really like that old hymn! Great song choice.

6 Likes

@BanjoBen This is the first time I’ve seen/noticed lyrics as part of the tab in the lesson - is this a new feature? Or maybe I haven’t gone through enough lessons yet? I like it. The graphic where you substitute the beginner measure 5 into the intermediate measure 5 is awesome. And then measure 37 is a great lick - could that be the THIRD most important lick, leading back to a G lick?!

1 Like

Hi @Rich I very much doubt it, adding lyrics to TAB is very time consuming.

Such a fun arrangement!! Thank You Ben!!

2 Likes

Thank You for allowing me to join. I’m already picking some more than I have ever before. I’ve played for years but primary just Ryfum can’t spell it. I’m playing already not good but better Over in the Glory land

2 Likes

Hi Ben, please forgive a banjo player from entering this guitar site LOL – is there any way to listen to your back-up banjo in this or other lessons?? or would you consider tabbing it out? Happy Thanksgiving to you and all. Banjovi

2 Likes

I’ve just asked @Dragonslayer to tab out the 2nd time through the song (which I think is the best backup). Thanks!

3 Likes

Maybe so, but it’s making my head hurt lol. I’ll probably have it ready by tomorrow

4 Likes

I love this back up too! Did the tab get posted somewhere for the banjo backup? Thank you!

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s been posted yet. I’ll see if I can get it up soon

1 Like

BanjoBackupforBen.tef (4.6 KB)

Ok, this should be the banjo backup tab

2 Likes

Ben, I truly love this version especially the intermediate build a break. How ever I am having a little trouble applying it to the noted version in my bluegrass gospel book. The measures are shorter in the book. Any suggestions? Thanks

1 Like

It’s probably written in 2/4 time instead of 4/4.

Thanks Ben, I am working it out and becoming more fluid in motion. Appreciate the the help.

1 Like