Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Lonesome Road Blues

Man alive! Gonna have to replace the strings after that one. He done melted them off!

6 Likes

@rheller,

Catching up after a lengthy break… but wanted to welcome you to the very best Forum there is.

You are among good and helpful friends here.

omg this like a earl scruggs driving test

6 Likes

Hi @stulngst David Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. Yes this is a pretty challenging lesson to work through. Have fun

2 Likes

Haha, that’s funny!

3 Likes

I’m only just getting around to beginning this. I don’t have a lot of time for learning new stuff at the moment being a busy carer, but I’ll try and learn this a bit at a time. Wish me luck y’all. :wink:

3 Likes

This instantly became my favorite lesson when Ben released it. You can do it! Good luck!

3 Likes

I got it down on the full-speed version but failed to record & post it. Lately, I’ve been on a fingerstyle guitar kick for a couple months it seems. I keep asking myself if this is “healthy” or not for my playing to get on a guitar or banjo kick for weeks on end?

Does anybody have a strategy on balancing practice between instruments? I’m not sure what the best balance is. Maybe it depends on the physiology of the individual?

2 Likes

Hi Neil My strategy was to give away my mandolin and geetar and just focus on the banjo.

Why ? you might ask.

Well I never could find the time to study guitar and mandolin and they were just gathering dust while I was having so much fun learning the banjo.

3 Likes

Oh no! I was hoping for a solution to keep playing my Banjo AND Guitar. I just find that the Guitar is somewhat of a “Queen” of instruments; able to play vitually any Genre’ and would weep to give it up. Trouble is, I also love the Banjo!

5 Likes

Don’t know about “best balance” but I usually learn to play a piece on everything I play before moving on. I often record my own rhythm tracks, which helps keep different instruments in my hands

2 Likes

Hi Neil, Mike @mharrison43 seems to have a great handle on things.

2 Likes

High praise indeed @Mark_Rocka!

2 Likes

Thanks Mark, I see you did an excellent job with it. :wink:

2 Likes

This lesson is so fun. I’m driving my wife CRAZY! Thank you, Ben.

3 Likes

Wow this lesson is awesome @BanjoBen thank you so much!! I love playing up the neck, but the only problem is I can’t play on the tenth fret of the second string. It doesn’t buzz, but it just doesn’t sound very good :weary: All the other strings and frets are fine though. Any advice on how to fix that?:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh no! Well, I’d need to hear it at least. Can you make a video?

3 Likes

How do I upload the video?

1 Like

Put it on YouTube, Vimeo, or any other free hosting service then paste the link here.

3 Likes

Ok thanks😁

1 Like