Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Lonesome Road Blues

Whoa! Hey man! Good to see you again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@jfest,

I too, concur the totality of awesomeness displayed within - urging me to reach beyond my meager ability to be able to play this… Hopefully within 10 years time

1 Like

Another chiming in with Bravo! and gratitudinous (is that a word) thank you’s for this one @BanjoBen

2 Likes

I think it is Gratuatious?

Sounds like a paradox to me when your answer to Raga is not uncalled for! :slight_smile: j/k

Grandiose??

1 Like

Gross? What are you calling Gross? :laughing:

1 Like

Nah! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for re editing the video. I kept getting stuck. 4 th solo easier to learn with change. I LOVE the lessions and your happy attitude. “ITS SOOOO FUN” like you say on the video. When I first watch these videos I think I will never be able to learn them. Slow and steady and poof, soo fun!

2 Likes

Best we end this virtual game of Telephone :phone:! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, I’ve succumbed to the pressure. I’m now learning this, I’ve made it through three solos, I’ll start on the fourth maybe tomorrow. This is a really fun arrangement!

3 Likes

Responding to myself, I’ve spent the past 1.5 hours or so playing along with the backing tracks, and I’ve got the first three solos up to full speed, and clean enough that you wouldn’t notice the few mistakes I do make unless you know the arrangement. It’ll be a few days before I can learn the rest

4 Likes

Feels almost natural, huh? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I just finished the lesson. This is such a fun arrangement. It’s a little weird now cuz I can play the first three solos full speed (Actually slightly faster) and the fourth solo I can’t even get through, but I’ll keep at it, measures 62 and 63 are very difficult, mainly cuz I have no idea what I’m trying to hear, but solo 6 is just Awesome! Anyway, thanks @BanjoBen for this lesson, It’s been the first thing I play each time I pick my banjo up for a week already, and will probably retain that honor for at least a week more!

4 Likes

Nailed it full speed! I’m currently taking a break lest someone get sick of hearing it and bash me over the head with a lonesome road, but I did it! Full speed with backing track, nailed even the fourth solo, super complex difficult melodics notwithstanding. I’m kind of pumped right now, can you tell?

6 Likes

Can’t wait to hear it!

3 Likes

Way to go, man! Looking forward to your video.

2 Likes

Interesting! I’m starting to watch these videos multiple times before going to my instrument. By the time I start studying the tab, I already have a visual and aural idea of where I’m going. Still takes me weeks to get there, but my frustration level is considerably lower.

8 Likes

Hi Bob Welcome to @BanjoBen 's forum. You do realise that this particular lesson is an advanced arrangement. If you are new to the banjo I would encourage you to work through @BanjoBen s Beginners Learning Track before taking on this challenging lesson.

1 Like

Hi!
Wanna hear a REALLY obscure version of this song, but clean and crisp and really in line with BanjoBen’s lesson?

That’s Rick Shubb pickin’ jar there… the guy who invented your capo. That guy. Every note is completely clean and balanced and exudes the kind of confidence that you don’t fake.
I was ordering some stuff from his website when this caught my eye and I immediately thought of BanjoBen’s lesson.

• Olde™ guy from Florida
7 Likes