Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Calling all lefties!

Wham!

1 Like

Perhaps they are, I’m sorry. If there’s a particular Blueridge model you’d like, let me know and I’ll check with them about a lefty.

This one looks nice enough. Probably sounds OK.

3 Likes

Ben,
No apology necessary. I think most everyone missed my point on my original message . I was just wanting all lefties on the site to encourage you to start carrying a lefty guitar model. I tried to do so with a little humor, but as often the case when using the written form of communicating, I missed the mark.
I’m not in any hurry to purchase my fifth guitar at this time. Just was hoping when I am, I could throw my business The General Store way.

Ben, my commitment to you is I will purchase the first lefty model you and Jake decide to carry in the General Store. Hopefully, it will compare in price to a quality Blueridge or Eastman that you currently carry.

1 Like

Sounds like y’all got it worked out bybthe time I got here. I’m gonna add my story anyway.

As a kid, when I got my first Sears guitar, I tried to play it left handed. It just “felt right.” The 2 books I was given with the guitar had pictures of it being played right handed, and my mom told me I needed to learn to play like the pictures.

I’m glad I did. You don’t often see a guitar sitting around that’s left handed. I’ve always wondered, though, if I’d be a better picker today if I’d learned left handed.

That’s actually exactly what I tried to do the first time I held one, but that was long before I actually decided to learn… I just thought that the fat strings should be at the bottom like a pyramid.

Here is young Willow Osborne trying out a lefty banjo. :star_struck:

That would be cool, but check the description of the video. It’s flipped.

1 Like

Guys,
There are plenty of lefthandedguitars available from all major brands. I’ve had no problem finding one. I have four now and just started trying to learn a little of a year and a half ago.
Nothing wrong with learning to play left handed. It’s not the Middle Ages where being lefthanded was considered the mark of the devil…hahahaha
I say, as a lefty to lefties, …Be proud, and stick with it…hahahaha

haha…yeah it all works until they set out the silverware for dinner…

1 Like

Hi Gunnar It was a tongue-in-cheek response I knew it was a flipped video. Just my dry sense of humour

Ok, it was your emoji choice that threw me. Most sarcasm gets lost in print

Not sarcasm, I hate sarcasm. Humour :rofl:

Whatever :roll_eyes::joy: and, Humor.

And btw, sarcasm is the American way of saying tongue-in-cheek…

I am not an American and tongue-in-cheek isn’t sarcasm in Scotland. So let’s just put it down to a difference of opinion and move on no need to drag it out the moment has passed

Whatever :roll_eyes::joy: and, Humor.

Just for the record

Humor and humour are different spellings of the same word. Humor is preferred in American English, and humour is preferred in all the other main varieties of English. The distinction extends to the derivative participleshumored / humoured and humoring / humouring —but in all varieties of English the second-syllable u is dropped from the adjective humorous .

:joy::joy::joy::joy: it was a tongue-in-cheek comment :wink::joy: I’m well acquainted with “British” spelling, I usually use it when saying “good mourning” :joy::sleeping:

Ok well thanks for sharing that.

I just learned my sister who lived out in Australia passed away today.She was 86

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear, Archie! Blessings to your family!

2 Likes