Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cabin Camp 2020 - Week 2

Hey 2nd weekers! Does anyone know the name sof the songs the General Store Boys (and girl) did? A few of those were pretty catchy but I don’t know the song names.

7 Likes

I know they did Julie Ann and Girl from West Virginia. Doyle Lawson has solid versions of both.

8 Likes

Justin told me they were Love of the Mountains and Girl From West Virginia. Scroll up to my 3rd post in this thread for the recordings.

7 Likes

Thanks Patrick! It was great to meet you, too!

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to work with all of the bands and helping get those creative juices flowing. You don’t give yourself nearly enough credit for your playing. I thought you did an excellent job on your leads. I can’t wait for Ben to get the videos edited so we can all watch them again.

I hope to see you at another camp!

5 Likes

What kind of banjo is being played in the last video? Sounds amazing!

6 Likes

If you mean the very last video where I’m singing with Penny and Katy, that’s Katy’s Huber. Yes, it’s a mighty fine instrument.

6 Likes

I just found this on YouTube. I heard this happened at camp, but I didn’t know anyone got it on video. Our man @Jake Stogdill picking with Kenny Smith.

12 Likes

Cabin Camp was great. It nice meeting everyone. Here’s a link to “The Infamous Squirrel Dusters” performance (band #6). Somebody got in front of my camera for the first part of the video, so Jamie isn’t visible.

14 Likes

I was so dang proud of you guys! You came so close to winning the whole thing.

It was great meeting all of you. Looking forward to doing it again.

6 Likes

It was a lot of fun Mark!

6 Likes

Here are some pics from last week. Feel free to download and use however you wish.

19 Likes

Great preformance!!! I would definitely put y’all on my list of favorite “imfamous dusters” :wink:

8 Likes

Wow! You got some great shots! Thanks for posting.

9 Likes

Chris! Thank you so much for posting those! I had so much fun getting to know you and pick a little. You know what they say, once a Squirrel Dusters always a Squirrel Duster! -Stephen

8 Likes

Somebody has an above average eye taking pictures. Fantastic.

11 Likes

Thanks so much for your help, Mark!

9 Likes

Thanks for posting these pictures, Chris . Enjoyed getting to play in the Infamous Squirreldusters with you.

7 Likes

Great pictures!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Carol!

5 Likes

Thanks Gunnar!

5 Likes