Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cabin Camp 2020 - Week 2

Carol! You made it to the forum! :grin:

Great to have you here. I hope you decide to stick around for the long haul. This is an awesome community.

6 Likes

These pics and memories are great! Both weeks were stupendous!

13 Likes

Will you all be posting pictures of the Bands from saturday nights contest?

4 Likes

Oh, BTW, I had a blast at camp. Thank you all so much for the fun weekend

5 Likes

Hey Doug! If I understood Ben correctly, his plan is to make the pics and videos of both Saturday nights available to all of the campers. I hope I got that right.

7 Likes

That’s what I heard too.

1 Like

Yep, we’ll have performance vid/pics headed your way in the next few weeks!

9 Likes

Hey Banjo campers. It has hit me how much I am already forgetting from camp. Does anyone remember what the app that Katie said she uses to slow down audio?

5 Likes

Probably the Amazing Slowdowner? https://www.ronimusic.com/

6 Likes

That was it. Thank you

4 Likes

Glad ya’ll had such a good time!.. And thanks to all who have posted pictures and videos!!! It brings those of us who couldn’t go to the camps a little closer to each of you and gives us a tiny feeling of what it was like to be there!

Just one question… Did anyone get to play Kenny’s vintage D-18? If I remember correctly, it’s a '39 and he got it about the time he and Amanda were getting married or had just gotten married. A really good deal came up and Amanda suggested he get that instead of a wedding ring! (Must have been quite a ring, I’m thinking instead a house to live in)! Anyway, not sure if I got the story exactly right or not, someone correct me if you know better than I do.

So, did anyone play it or at least hear it up close in a quiter environment?

9 Likes

Gunnar did. It’s highly likely he played every instrument on Ben’s property at one point or another. He was like a kid in a candy store… a really, really expensive candy store.

Hey @Dragonslayer, what did you think?

11 Likes

And the kid enjoyed Ben’s riches of graceful instruments??!! But sounds like you were a little concerned, Mark_R, no?!! :wink:

7 Likes

I think @Jake said it best. Gunnar was playing a guitar worth more than his entire country. Yeah, just a tad concerned. But hey, it’s Kenny’s guitar. Gunnar asked, and Kenny said Yes, so there you go. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

:slight_smile:

It does not let me post just a smiley alone. So I typed this out.

5 Likes

I know he played the banjo and both guitars in the store, probably all the Northfield mandolins, Ben’s Twanger, both of my instruments, and too many more to list! :grin:

8 Likes

I brought 2 mandolins , 2 fiddles, and a tenor banjo. He played (very well I might add) all but the 1 fiddle with no strings, and only bc there wasnt enuff time to mess with that one! I was happy to see those old instruments being played, and play along with them on the mando.

7 Likes

That was awesome Mark great job you guys all sounded great.

7 Likes

Where were you able to get Abby’s family CD?

4 Likes

I just hit her up on Facebook to find an answer for you. I’ll let you know when she replies.

5 Likes