Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Cabin Camp 2020 - Week 2

I listened to Spillwater and Abby’s family CD most of the way home last Sunday. It’s good to see Adam there this week.

The song I can’t get out of my head from last week is Great Big Hand. I think that’s the name. I’ve figured out the chords and I’m memorizing the words.

8 Likes

Same here; just something about that song and chord progression! Figured out the chords and a mandolin break yesterday.

7 Likes

Look’s like your holdin your own!:wink: Nice job Mark, you fit right in there. Sure am sorry I had to pass on all that fun this year ,I’m gonna work on next year though!:sunglasses:

8 Likes

You definitely need to, Jon. It’s so much fun!

6 Likes

Somehow I forgot to mention one of the most magical parts of Cabin Camp this year. Every night we got thousands of these little visitors lighting up our jam sessions.

9 Likes

That would be a perfect opportunity for @Dragonslayer to play one of his most famous originals, Twelve O’clock Lightning Bug.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing the videos! Kudos to Ben and his sisters and others for putting up a great show!! Mark, for some reason I thought fretted instrument is comparatively easier to play than non-fretted one. :wink: Or maybe you’re already in the league of Ben & co to back them up that it wouldn’t have mattered, fret or no fret??! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I cheated. This bass has stickers on the side of the finger board where the frets are supposed to be. :wink:

9 Likes

Ah, I see… j/k :wink:

4 Likes

If you haven’t been to camp, you don’t know that Ben’s kids are as much a part of the experience as anything else here. This morning Charlie Belle was showing all the campers her new friend.

13 Likes

Hello Ms Belle! :slight_smile:

She has fun friend. Yeah we too had played with grasshoppers, praying mantises, dragonflies etc. when we were kids.

5 Likes

Definitely not me; I was always freaked out by all sorts of creatures when I was a little kid, and pretty much still am now… hey, I know a lot of credible people who are, so…

5 Likes

There are some insects that are harmful or a bit threatening unless handled appropriately. But some of these like I mention are usually harmless. You will get used to it if you are put in that environment and have friends or siblings who daily or routinely play with such creatures. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As in, “smashed”? :rofl::joy::grin:

Sorry, I’m not an insect lover. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah I know kids do that… even worse act sometimes. :frowning:

And we get so many insects like mayfly, butterfly, firefly, beetle, spider, velvet insect, train insect (centipede/millipede), earthworm and so so many more and they keep you busy and you will never get bored! :slight_smile:

And we grew honey bee!

4 Likes

Oh man, I feel so sorry for you. Hang in there!

4 Likes

My Man. Great job, @Mark_Rocka, sounds like you’ve been playing that bass for years! Musta been a gas playing with Those Girls, you were right in there, perfectly. :heart: to everybody!

7 Likes

Being on stage was definitely the highlight of this trip. More videos coming later tonight.

9 Likes

Can’t wait!

5 Likes

Though I don’t live in the midst of it nowadays, but cherish those moments! But I’m sorry for you Michael, you miss all those fun!! :wink: Nature is so fun!

4 Likes