Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ben's Jazzy Joy to the World (by me)

They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. This is my best attempt at imitating Ben’s classic Jazzy Joy to the World.

Merry Christmas to All!

20 Likes

That was great Mark!

3 Likes

Awesome work there mark.
What video editing program are you using?
Cool effects

3 Likes

Thanks guys!

It’s the free version of Lightworks. I do NOT recommend it. Stuff drove me crazy :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@Mark_Rocka awesome job…Now I know who @BanjoBen can call in for substitution.

3 Likes

Great Mark!

Merry Christmas to you and your kinfolk!

4 Likes

Awesome job! Loved the pickin’ and the grinnin’!

The audio/video effects were nice too. I’d like to try to work out something like that too at some point down the road.

Merry Christmas

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! Merry Christmas to all y’all!

4 Likes

Wow, cool… very impressive! You’re almost there. And very nicely presented… Merry Christmas, Mark_Rocka!

3 Likes

And Merry Christmas to you Mark. That was so awesome! Beautiful instruments, cool shirt selections also!!!

3 Likes

Thanks guys!

Don’t tell my wife, but I’m slowly replacing my entire wardrobe with Banjo Ben and Purple Hulls gear. :laughing:

5 Likes

:+1::+1:
Very nice, had me smiling big.

3 Likes

Great job, Mark!

3 Likes

That was fantastic Mark! Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Wow that’s awesome! did you write the mandola part yourself?

2 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, my wife said the song was tough for her to recognize because the lead parts are so elaborate, so I wanted to start it off with something simple and close to the original melody.

It was tough to come up with something simple enough to recognize, but “Jazzy” enough to compliment Ben’s work. I sent the mandola part over to Ben before I recorded it. He said he loved it, so I went with it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you did great with it! it was exactly what you went for, easy to recognize and jazzy/complimentary. I enjoyed listening

2 Likes

Well I for one think it’s high time this tasty three minutes gets bumped and accorded even more attention this year!

Wadda video!

7 Likes

Well thanks Billy! :grin:

7 Likes