Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ben's Jazzy Joy to the World (by me)

Absolutely, this is Mark’s evergreen show/production! You don’t get tired of listening to this.

7 Likes

LOL! I’m glad y’all are re-enjoying it. I’ve been so busy I didn’t have time to work anything up this year. I probably couldn’t even play these parts right now I’m so out of practice.

I’m seriously hoping that working so much now is buying me time in the future. :slight_smile: I’d love to be able to pick several hours a day.

7 Likes

A word of advice from a wise old man. Be careful not to overdo things. You need to get the balance right. Time slips by much quicker than you might realise. It’s hard for me to come to terms with the fact that all my grandchildren are rapidly growing up and are all heading off in different directions.

4 Likes

I just realized something. This may be a good video to ask @BanjoBen for some help with my pick hand technique. Ben, if you watch my right hand on every instrument but the banjo, you’ll see what I asked you about a couple of weeks ago. I learned to hold the pick like that by watching old Roy Clark videos. When I try to hold the pick like you teach in your videos, it’s wildly uncomfortable. My main question is, is it uncomfortable because I have developed a 30+ year bad habit? If so, would it be beneficial to keep struggling with it to try to break that habit? I’ve been trying for a few weeks now to change my grip, but it just feels so wrong.

If it’s holding me back, though, I need to break through and am willing to do what it takes.

4 Likes

Great stuff there @Mark_Rocka !!! Thanks for sharing!

Here’s wishing you, and all the great peeps here at BBC.com the Merriest of Christmas’ and the Happiest of New Years!!!

4 Likes