Okay, this thing is gonna happen. And I really need/want your feedback. Rough date range is early spring 2019, think mid-April. Here are more details:
- Where? Ben’s house/cabin in Mount Juliet, TN
- How long? 2 1/2 days. It would begin with a lunch on Thursday and wrap with a whole hog BBQ roast and jam session Saturday night.
- Meals provided? Lunch and supper would be provided Thursday-Saturday
- Times? Thursday 12-6, Friday 9-6, Saturday 9-?
- Lodging? Many hotels are available in Mount Juliet, 5 miles from Ben’s house.
- Airport? Nashville International (BNA) is 9 miles from Ben’s house.
- Capacity? I will most likely limit the camp to 30 students, 10 students each for banjo/guitar/mandolin
- Skill level? Late beginner through intermediate and early advanced. You would need to be able to play all the beginner solos I send you in the curriculum mentioned below.
- Curriculum? I will select 10 tunes before the camp and arrange beginner/intermediate/advanced solos for each instrument. These solos will be sent to camp attendees to work on for a few months beforehand. Everyone will be prepared to participate!
- Teachers? Ben, his twin sisters, and potentially @Jake Stogdill. Maybe more?
- Skills taught? Improvisation, speed-building, building solos/arrangements, playing in a band/jam, ear training, instrument set-up, etc.
- Cost? To be determined
- Deadline to sign up? Later in the fall of 2018. More info to be released through the summer.
We’ll also have some special Nashville events planned, such as a trip to a luthier/builder shop and perhaps some live music.
Have questions or suggestions? Post them below and I’ll answer back! I’m excited about this! I’ll probably duplicate this camp in the fall of 2019 in the Boise, ID, area.