Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben Cabin Fever Contest...& FREE SHIPPING!

Sorry to hear about work @WillCoop, but glad you found something. Hopefully things settle down and we all can keep working. My son-in-law is a plumber in Nashville and the city just locked everything down. His company already let 3 folks go. Tough times. My wife is really supportive as well. Makes a big difference! God Bless

1 Like

Another thought @JKL ā€¦ If your friend, Doug Hendrix, to be active on the forum also.

Is I have said many times, @BanjoBen is THE BEST teacherā€¦ but only one man. This forum thrives because of the contributions of itsā€™ Admins and the total community of members helping each other.

After whatā€™s happened through this Cabin Fever Contestā€¦ I cannot think of a better example of just how amazing this forum isā€¦ as displayed within the last week!

LETā€™S HELP @BanjoBen and @Jake in their serious situation too by spreading the word.

@Jake, I did give a shout-out to you on the Mandolin Cafe forum to a prospective Mandolin buyerā€¦ (and anyone else who reads that post :wink:)ā€¦ as the best resource to help purchase, set-up and ship RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR (a big thing at the moment to avoid the public) a fine, quality instrument at a good price and value!

I hope @Jake gets some leads from it!

3 Likes

Thanks, Will. Iā€™m sure Doug will become active on the forum soon. Heā€™s a great guy and has already made friends with Jakeā€”even bought a couple things that Jake recommended recently. Take care.

3 Likes

@jake is such a great guy

1 Like

Has @BanjoBen announced the winners yet?

1 Like

Heā€™s going to tonight on facebook live at 5 central, or 6 eastern.

2 Likes

Will he then post it here aswell?

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ He said he will!

3 Likes

Ok Thank you

1 Like

Good Job @Archie !!

2 Likes

Way to Go! That was great!

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably be ready for the next contest. This is from my practice from the last 3 or 4 days. I know I need to be even more familiar with some phrases in the 3rd solo for my picking hand to cooperate. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice!! Very good tone!

2 Likes

Thanks Severin! I donā€™t clean the guitar unless and until when the strap mount comes off when I have to loosen the strings to fix it. And probably the dirt gives the different muted type sound. It is a cheap but I guess it is a decent guitar for the price.

Thanks others for the likes and advanced thanks to others too!

2 Likes

I am still practicing ā€¦ I can only get the basic melody ā€¦ letā€™s see maybe there is also a video ā€¦

2 Likes

I think it sounds great! love the guitar sound, unfortunately i canā€™t play the guitar at all ā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good to know about my guitar fender cd-140sce sound! I like the sound too but I only wish it produces more sound. Or maybe it is to do with my picking that it is feeble.

If you start to learn guitar, you should easily get there. As long as youā€™re familiar with the techniques, techniques must be the same as banjo, it should only require time and practice. I have attempted Benā€™s tougher lessons coupled with practice in general in the last couple of years, which is why I think I am able to play this much in a few days with this contest song. I only attempted after seeing kids doing beautifully.

3 Likes

Congrats @Luke_L !!!

9 Likes