Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Banjo Ben Cabin Fever Contest...& FREE SHIPPING!

I'm so excited! Let's redeem the downtime with a contest!

Contest Lesson: BANJO GUITAR MANDOLIN

Contest Submission Deadline: Sunday, 22 March, at 11:59PM Central

Rules:

• Must submit video link to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or THIS THREAD by Sunday, March 22, at 11:59PM Central.
  • Must use hashtag #banjobencabinfever so I can find your video!
  • Play any solo from the build-a-break lessons to receive an entry.
  • Receive ADDITIONAL entry for each additional instrument you attempt, up to 3 total.
  • Rhythm track is required. See next rule.
  • Use one of the JamTrack MP3’s on the lesson page to record with. The speed doesn’t matter–you choose!
  • A maximum of three entries per contestant, one for each instrument you play from the lesson.
  • US residents only (for prize purposes, unless you agree to pay shipping). See FAQ section below.
  • Video submissions must allow me to hear and see you play.
  • Each winner will receive applicable instrument prize, Gold Pick membership time, hat, and case sticker!
  • Winner to be announced both here and on social media Monday, 23 March.
  • All contest participants give permission for me to possibly share their name, general location, and video submission both here and to social media.

FAQs:

Do I have to be a Gold Pick member? A: No, but you must submit video link here which requires you to at least create a free Silver Pick account. You can do that HERE.

Do I have to use a JamTrack MP3 from your site to play along with? A: Yes, I want to encourage use of that resource for practice.

Do I have to play the solos perfectly? A: No, your submission can have mistakes. I want you to try!

How do I submit my video? A: Upload to YouTube, facebook, Instagram and use #banjobencabinfever or post it to this thread.

How are the winners chosen? A: I will take all eligible entries and enter them into a randomizer application that will select 3 winners.

Is shipping included if I win? A: Yes, if you are a resident of the United States. You may enter from abroad, but you are then responsible for shipping costs if you win.

If you have questions, please submit them below. Good luck!

20 Likes

Here’s a banjo entry:

The only solo I could remember was the hard one :joy:

22 Likes

Nice! Now get out that mando and guitar and get two more entries in!

7 Likes

Heres a mando entry… still cant go up to speed, and still pretty rough, and stuck on only knowing the 1st break, but here it is anyway :grin::grimacing::notes:

24 Likes

Guitar Entry:

24 Likes

Currently working on the mandolin lesson, probably expect an entry tomorrow

5 Likes

Here’s my guitar entry. I hadn’t learned this song before so it’s not the hard version and it’s not perfect but here it is anyway. Mandolin should be coming soon. :grin:

23 Likes

Nice picking y’all!

7 Likes

Hi Aaron Welcome to the @BanjoBen Forum. Great Job

4 Likes

Great Job @Kevin_S

3 Likes

Impressive Gunnar, I see much improvement in your playing.

5 Likes

Great Job @Simone crack on and learn those other solo’s I just know you can.

5 Likes

A real finger twister as I recall, Good job Gunnar.

5 Likes

Can we just use our videos from the last contest? :laughing:

25 Likes

I knew this was coming…:wink:

9 Likes

How could it not? It’s like a free entry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

No way, you don’t get off that easy! Ben’s going to hold you to a higher standard.

9 Likes

BTW I never did completely understand the subliminal message in the date at the end.

5 Likes

As soon as I saw the contest requirements I thought of your Video @Mark_Rocka . I will work on the contest today hopefully.

5 Likes

I thought that I might do a funny video for this, but I could never match @Mark_Rocka ‘s.

6 Likes