Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Auld Lang Syne "Band" Contest!

The Mendenhall sisters was pretty good, i loved that girls banjo solos, the D-Tuners added a great touch. I was pretty suprised to see some of those names, Cotton Picking Kids, Brandenberger Family. Had no idea that those folks were students they both did a great job. @Flatpickin_Libby, you guys got my vote :smile:

11 Likes

Thanks, @Shaky_loves_banjo!

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Yeah I saw several folks I didn’t know were students lol. And I’m friends with almost all of the entrants, so it’s gonna be a really hard vote

6 Likes

I could be mistaken but I never saw that you had to be a student to participate in the contest

5 Likes

That sounded good! Video editing is not easy.

3 Likes

I was amazed at all the talent from the finalists. I haven’t decided who to vote for yet, but I really enjoyed Caleb Ellis’ version!
I am really grateful that I was even able to make a submission. Before becoming a Gold Pick member I couldn’t have done it.

8 Likes

Wow lot of great talents! Let me see…

2 Likes

Wow, what a great variety of talent and ideas! Picking a winner from the finalists will be difficult…all have something unique to offer. I’m glad we’ve got a few days to decide :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

True enough i never thought of that.

1 Like

You do not have to be a student but most all are.

6 Likes

I won’t give out too much info, but after 1,300 votes, the top two entries are only 1 vote difference!

16 Likes

Cast my vote this morn. Boy, was that tough! There wasn’t one that I didn’t like. Can’t wait to see who wins!

13 Likes

I just voted for the best! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Turns out, Auld Lang Syne is quite the ear worm. I guess that’s expected after listening to it 15-30 times. :wink:

10 Likes

Yes!! My thoughts exactly :laughing: :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s why the Scots only sing it once a year, usually when they have had a few. When they wake up they have no recollection wonky

6 Likes

Wow! What a bunch of talented people. I clicked on each one and listened to them all. I feel privileged to be apart of such a great group. Thank you to each and everyone that entered the contest.

11 Likes

My vote went to the Johnson Bentley Band simply because of the little girl clogger on the far right. I guess having a daughter makes me a sucker for cute kids. All were so good!!

7 Likes

Isn’t this voting progress in public? unless of course there will be an adjudication of votes at the end…

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciA_cwSJSrkzi5zfa3MHx_ftAn100WaRev760ZEUc3CMidUA/viewanalytics?pli=1&pli=1

2 Likes