Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Auld Lang Syne "Band" Contest!

Libby Even those of us who didn’t enter the contest. We are winners too because we get to know you guys watching you grow better and better with each performance.

This community forum and @BanjoBen 's leadership is what bonds us together I don’t see this kind of connection with other students on other teaching sites I have subscribed to.

11 Likes

Hi @LorenDB welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. I am sure we all agree with you. But trust Ben when he says he would like to narrow it down.

These contests are not really about winning a prize although that is the icing on the cake for some. Like @Flatpickin_Libby says it’s the community it creates that makes us all winners, these contests are more to do with lifting folks out of their comfort zone and encouraging them to come and participate here on the forum. Ben has thousands of students from all around the world most of them we will never meet or hear from.

7 Likes

Hi Archie! I am fine with Ben narrowing down the eligible submissions; I just think it would be nice to be able to see all of the videos that were submitted but didn’t make it.

8 Likes

EXACTLY!
After months of not playing together, my boys and I were picking this song for the contest. That in itself was priceless to me :slightly_smiling_face:

And also that! I’ve made & rec’d YouTube comments from several folks working on Auld Lang Syne. Ours wasn’t creative or humorous, but I totally enjoyed watching those that were :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

Well i was very disappointed to not make it in, but i had something very unexpected come up i wasn’t able to get my entry done in time. Oh well sorry guys. I’m most likely still gonna video a guitar solo and post it, so watch for that.

11 Likes

@Shaky_loves_banjo, thats ok… We all understand… If I were to choose between submitting an entry here and something like studying for blood test, I would definitely do the latter. :wink:

And looking forward to the solo!

4 Likes

@Michael_Mark I guess we lost…

7 Likes

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

But yeah, we lost.

10 Likes

Sorry I just couldn’t resist :joy:

5 Likes

Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang!!! I love that movie and haven’t watched for years!

4 Likes

Was always one of my favorites

3 Likes

The finalists have been named! Voting is open!

14 Likes

What an amazing group of entries! So hard to choose one…

Wonderful job all!

8 Likes

Just watched all 15 entries that @BanjoBen, Charlie & Ellie put up on the voting booth and I have to say as a Scot I found it a very emotional experience. I love y’all and I just couldn’t pick out one single entry that I liked more than all the rest. So well done every one and Happy New Year to you all.

kilt7

8 Likes

Just vote for one, @Archie! Everybody’s got to vote! :slight_smile:

If you didn’t get enough of the videos, scroll down all the way to the bottom of Banjo Ben’s page and you can see all the submissions, not just the finalists!

9 Likes

Thanks’ Libby. I missed the ones at the bottom will go check now

9 Likes

Wow Libby I didn’t realise your family was that big. I am one of twelve siblings. myself. Alas I am the only one who learned to play a musical instrument. banjo

7 Likes

This was a great contest and like many of you I enjoyed seeing a few familiar folks from the forum pickin’ in the new year! I was sad that our entry didn’t make the finals but after seeing the ones that did… man have we got work to do for next time!

Stephen

8 Likes

Yes there’s 11 of us - too big for one band, so we’ve got two bands! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The band of brothers do make me smile. bravo

6 Likes