Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Auld Lang Syne "Band" Contest!

The deadline is midnight central time, right?

3 Likes

You raise a valid point @Michael_Mark I am guessing @BanjoBen may have student or two in Alaska & Hawaii

1 Like

…or in uninhabited islands of Howland and Baker islands!!! :wink:

So 12:00 pm GMT??

1 Like

I will not be submitting an entry for this contest. As the bells ring out here in Scotland I would like to share with you this video. Wishing you and yours A Guid New Year from a hand across the sea. May you find peace and goodwill in 2022

Auld Lang Syne Robert Burns c1788

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus: For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

And surely ye’ll be your pint stowp!
And surely I’ll be mine!
And we’ll tak a cup o’kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
Chorus:

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou’d the gowans fine;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
Sin’ auld lang syne.
Chorus:

We twa hae paidl’d in the burn,
Frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
Sin’ auld lang syne.
Chorus:

And there’s a hand, my trusty fere!
And gie’s a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll tak a right gude-willie waught,
For auld lang syne.

8 Likes

Somehow this week we’ve procrastinated filming
Somehow tonight we’re just through
Somehow tonight we’re not entering Ben’s contest
All cause Scotty sprained his fingers two

Sorry to disappoint. :joy: :laughing:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Great voice, great video!

Btw, Archie, what kind of language is the lyrics you posted?? Half English, half Scottish??

3 Likes

Most excellent Archie.

2 Likes

hmm… As far as I know, there was only one who held the title before - most excellent Theophilus, (Luke 1:3 KJV), and now being conferred upon Archie! :joy:

3 Likes

Our entry is in! Can’t wait to see all the videos this Monday!

8 Likes

Our entry is in! Can’t wait to see all the videos this Monday!

:+1:

4 Likes

Ours is in!

9 Likes

aye1

2 Likes

aye1

1 Like

I don’t think @Ol_Papa means ME @JohnM I believe he is referring to the videos I posted. But heck I can live with Most Excellent any time folks feel excited about anything I might post here.

3 Likes

I had 37 entries! I then had the PAINFUL job (with the help of Charlie and Ellie) of narrowing them down to 15! And I’m telling you, it was so hard because y’all are so creative and talented. I imagined narrowing down to 5, or maybe 10, but it was impossible. We’ll be posting these sometime Monday then you can vote on them through the week!

16 Likes

@BanjoBen I speak for myself here, but I’m guessing everybody would enjoy seeing a list of the entries that had to be eliminated.

10 Likes

The fun thing about your contests is the community and creativity they encourage! I think we’d all agree that if we got to participate, we all won. Thanks for all the work and time you put into this, Ben (and Charlie and Ellie)! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Yes, I’ll be posting all the submissions on the page, with the top 15 able to be voted on.

14 Likes

This is NOT a valid entry. This is a work in progress. I was not able to submit this song before midnight 2021 and in usual form I’m a day late and a dollar short. Lots of mistakes and I’m only beginning to learn about video editing. I’m either sadistic or somethings terribly wrong with me. Oh well for what it’s worth Auld Lang Syne. Happy New Year 2022

6 Likes