Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Auld Lang Syne "Band" Contest!

Thanks! My sisters and I have already started preparing! This will be our first time playing together with all four of us like this, so I’m excited to see how we do as a “family band.”

11 Likes

Me 2

5 Likes

Me 3.

3 Likes

I’m ready to see all the entries! Hopefully @crohnieks and I will have time to get an entry recorded.

2 Likes

Anybody submitted a video for this yet? We were out of town till yesterday and also been sick so it’s gonna be a cram! :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Well Scotty and I were gonna do a killer version with classical guitar, quartet acapella and everything, but then he sprained his left hand fingers and I tore my nail bed, so it looks like we’re gonna have to bag this collaboration :joy: I’m just gonna try to let my finger heal before I play again…

6 Likes

Yikes hope you both recover! :cry: Hope you can jam with us at Jekyll in 2 days!

4 Likes

I probably will, it usually doesn’t take more than 2 or 3 days to heal to a playable level.

Actually, we could just jam Auld Lang Syne at the festival and send that in :joy:

5 Likes

:+1:
Well we’ve been working on our version already and though it will be a tight cram I think we’ll make it! Looking forward to jamming though!

4 Likes

Hope you do, see y’all there!

4 Likes

Here’s our entry. I promise, this is us! Really.

12 Likes

I was just listening to that yesterday and again today. It’s amazing!

6 Likes

I’ve had 4 or 5 so far, and expect many more over the next 36 hours!

11 Likes

Ours might be a last-minute entry. A couple of us got sick and the healthy ones have been caring for the sick ones. With a large family, everybody eventually goes down :sweat_smile: so we are just waiting it out and trying to find a decently quiet time to record all our instruments. If you hear kids laughing or screaming in the background, please just ignore. :joy:

Lord willing, we’ll have it all put together in time.

10 Likes

They are so insanely talented, this is so beautiful.

2 Likes

When do we get to see them or is this contest not for public viewing @BanjoBen

4 Likes

I’ll post them all on the blog page Monday and everyone can vote! I’ve had about 10 entries and I bet I have that many tomorrow

8 Likes

@BanjoBen Are you just posting selected finalists or all the submissions?

5 Likes

6 Likes

I have been wanting to go that festival. I’ll make it a point to go next year just to see y’all there!

2 Likes