Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Audio and Video Editing Tips - How to? What set up?

Hi guys
I want to learn how to record videos with better audio/video quality. I bought a focusright interface and a condenser mic and I am trying a few different daws to get the audio part rolling. I am not sure what tool to use to edit videos and how to use multiple cameras and such

What are the video/audio editing toold you´d reccomend and what is your fav set up?

5 Likes

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=What+are+the+video%2Faudio+editing+tools+you´d+reccomend&t=hk&ia=web

Everything thing is good. All it takes is practice!

5 Likes

thank you so much @BanJoe

2 Likes

@frankb_be this is a link to a similar topic that I bookmarked so I could refer to it again…maybe it would be of interest:

6 Likes

Hey @frankb_be, I use Logic Pro X to record my audio with an Apollo Quad interface, then it’s Panasonic GH5 cams and Premiere Pro editing software to do the video.

9 Likes

Hey, I use TunesKit AceMovi to edit video and audio. It is nice and wonderful. If you don’t know what to use, it is a good choice.
Besides, Adobe PR, VSDC, Davinci are good choices, too.

5 Likes

Frank, how is it going?
I use the iMovie on my Mac. If you’re using a different platform, then anything else than Movie Maker would be great. Davinci sebastianarashi mentioned is a good option, but be prepared to spend some time studying manuals. On the other hand, their support forum is really great.
Also, there is a software our students use for their classes, which is quite easy to use, but I can’t recall the name, so if you’re still looking - I will ask them.

upd: whoops, totally forgot about this one. It seems like they have used a good ol’ MovieMaker and then just switched to the default Win 10 app. But I just don’t like it. Truly, I have nothing against it but I liked the old version better. But I got another recommendation for you. Here’s a nice list of software, and I have used some of them - OpenShot for example - successfully. A big plus is that these programs don’t add a nasty watermark to your edits.

As for tips - don’t forget to set good lighting before you start recording. With proper light, you won’t need to edit your videos a lot. That was the lesson I learned the hard way.

5 Likes

I think a good microphone and the right scene are a must. This helps to give you a higher-quality video or audio. And post-video editing requires appropriate tools. If you are a novice, then RecoveryTool Video Editor https://www.recovery-tool.com/recoverytool-video-editor.html may be able to help you. And for professional users, then I think Adobe Premiere Pro https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html is the most suitable.

3 Likes

Here is a graphic of my current set up:

ManyCam allows me to set up however many cameras I want and arrange them on the screen however I want. In this example, I show my setup for my virtual lessons using Zoom and ManyCam.

For my FB Live Bible devotions that I do every morning at 8 am, I use basically the same setup - except my signal goes to FB Live instead of Zoom. I design the screens I use with ManyCam which has a utility to connect to FB directly so it is a matter of seconds to be up and running on a FB live session.

here is what my ManyCam workspace looks like:

Across the bottom are the screens I have setup to do what I do - my FB Live Bible devotionals and my Guitar/Music Theory Zoom lessons.

I set up the screens I will use, (and I can utilize as many usb cameras as I want) and then select ManyCam as my camera source in Zoom.

The Pandemic forced me to get a good handle on Virtual communication!
paige%20coffee%202

I do my video editing with a platform called Camtasia.

4 Likes

One thing that can really help is using a good quality microphone and interface, like the ones you mentioned. As for video editing software, there are a lot of options out there, and it really depends on what you’re looking to do. If you’re just getting started and want something easy to use, I’d recommend checking out Movavi Video Editor (https://www.movavi.com/youtube-video-editor-online.html). It has a lot of features and is relatively user-friendly, even for people who are new to video editing. Another option to consider is Adobe Premiere Pro, which is a more professional-grade software.

1 Like