Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Recording software

So i just bought a pretty nice Focusrite Audio interface, 2 sm57, and 2sm58s. So just curious, what DAW do you use and what is supposed to be the best? Also I would like something for Windows 10 since thats what i’m running now but i’m considering getting a macbook if it’s gonna be worth it. Any recommendations? Also does anyone know what software @BanjoBen uses?

1 Like

I am sure @BanjoBen can answer that one himself

1 Like

Here are a couple of threads that I saved on this topic, but I’m looking forward to seeing how folks respond to your request.

This one includes a response from Ben, but it may be out of date:

Here’s a little older one on a similar thread I really enjoyed reading:

I have no experience with recording, but many of us already use audacity to slow down MP3’s. Might be worth a shot. It’s free, so pretty low risk.

I use and like Reaper. Aside from the scary name, it’s a great product. They have a free trial and a license is inexpensive (used to be $60 for an individual). I also have pro tools available and it is excellent as well, but it is pretty pricey.

1 Like

I have audacity, even so it seems to be decently good quality, It seems to have very little options for multi track recordings.

I seem to remember Ben still using Logic Pro X when he gave the Cabin tour recently. I’ve just been using Garageband and it’s been sufficient for my audio purposes.

If you can afford it, I definitely recommend switching to MacOS– I got the M1 Air recently and it is amazing! Definitely enough for great audio recording. These new 2021 Macs look pretty promising too.

2 Likes

I use Logic Pro X, but i have reaper.

1 Like

Hey there. I know this thread is quite old, but I’d still like to share my 2 cents in case it helps some of you here. As for DAWs, there are many great options available, including Ableton Live, Reaper, and Pro Tools. When it comes to choosing between Windows and Mac, it really depends on your personal preference and the software you want to use. Both operating systems have their strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to do your research and choose what works best for you. Also, if you’re interested in software development, you may want to check out Exposit. They specialize in creating custom software solutions. Here’s their website: https://www.exposit.com/solutions/. Hope this is helpful for you guys. Let’s keep this thread updated.

3 Likes

Pro Tools now has a great version called “Pro Tools Intro” that you can download and use for free. It had great video tutorials, and I was really enjoying using it. Then my audio interface bit the dust. :roll_eyes:

Will probably buy another Focusrite.

1 Like

Wow that’s so helpful, @braelyntguerra94. Where are you from?

1 Like