Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Anybody down for another young picker collaboration?

Let’s go 165 like you said in the beginning before I complicated everything with my weird metronoming.

3 Likes

Sounds great!

2 Likes

Time to break the mics out!

2 Likes

Faster the better for me

to a certain degree…200 cut time may be a bit fast

3 Likes

So final arrangement B 165
Banjo kickoff
Chorus
Mandolin Solo
Verse 2
Chorus
Fiddle Solo
Verse 2
Chorus
Guitar Solo
Dobro solo
Chorus a cappella
Bass walk into Chorus
Banjo solo 2

Also folks I don’t play rhythm that fast on guitar that often so I’m glad we aren’t going any faster.

2 Likes

So who wants the final banjo solo? @Shaky_loves_banjo, @Timothy_L, or me?

3 Likes

@Shaky_loves_banjo

1 Like

It’s up to you If you want more than one person on each instrument. @Michael_Mark or @Shaky_loves_banjo can go ahead and do it if one of you is already playing banjo on this song.

2 Likes

So if ya’ll want me to do the last solo are you wanting me to end it as well? @oaklymaple I think you meant verse one after the mando solo right? Or why verse 2 twice?And who is doing the banjo backup? Maybe we should give someone a chance who isn’t doing a solo. Or someone else can do the last solo and I can do backup. I really don’t care just tell me what to do.

3 Likes

Last solo and end it if you want. And yep verse 1

1 Like

Ok sounds good. Maybe i won’t end it, We’ll jist have all the instrument slowly awkwardly fading out at different times.

2 Likes

I’ll play rolling backup behind the verses, and Justus can end the song with a solo.

2 Likes

@Flatpickin_Libby would you like to do the scratch rhythm track? As I’m not super comfortable playing that fast flatpicking.

4 Likes

Ok that’s fine. But I can’t do it till next week because I’m currently at Doyle Lawson’s festival

8 Likes

Hey @oaklymaple, maybe we should hit up @mharrison43 and see if he’d like to do it. He did mention something about the getting the scratch track laid if i remember right. Then we could work on getting our parts worked out sooner.

2 Likes

Check it:

https://forestech.box.com/s/vjqw81pj7fhqj4frlvouz5ycnfa5z96g

This a link to secure FTP where you’ll find mp3 and wav. I think you have to copy the link and paste it into a browser. I could only manage 155, though. :grinning::banjo:

5 Likes

Hey thanks @mharrison43 that should work great. TIme to practice and see what i can come up with.

4 Likes

I can see if I can get a good take at 165(don’t want to let @Michael_Mark down) it just wasn’t going so well, it takes a lot of stamina to play that fast. If I can’t that will be great thank you kindly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m so jealous!!

3 Likes

I can cut the scratch if you need me to.

4 Likes