Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

A little trick I use all the time!

15 Likes

I just love your guitar playin! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hey Sounds like you listen to Jake Workman!! That lick on the last phrase of 9 Pound Hammer was very Jakeish :joy: I mean, all the playing does.

6 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Well that’s the ultimate compliment! Thanks! Yes, that lick’s from him.

4 Likes

Nice playing! You will be the only person ever to get a partial fret job on only the 18th, 19th and 20th frets :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

She takes lessons from Jake. At least she did.:joy: Maybe still does.

4 Likes

I just tried this and it…works.

7 Likes

Wow. I’m gonna have to try now😂

4 Likes

Ben, have you tried it before or not until now?

2 Likes

Well of COURSE I still do. I will never stop.

4 Likes

That’s cool😂 What are you gonna do when you pass him?

1 Like

I obviously won’t live to see that day.

4 Likes

You might!:joy: That must be fun, I’d like to meet Jake.

1 Like

I do virtual lessons. You can too.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really want lessons at the moment, I would like to meet him and jam though.

2 Likes

Whoa Libby! You taught BEN something!?

9 Likes

I taught him a few things, just not necessarily the kind of things one would consider especially beneficial to teach…

5 Likes

Will it fix a banjo strings?

I always pull on my strings when I fit new ones. They don’t seem to go dull but like all banjo players I am constantly retuning - Like Murphy Henry says at the start of every lesson - “Tune your banjo” I tell you that lady sure instilled me the need to keep your banjo in tune.

Thanks for sharing @Flatpickin_Libby great tip.

2 Likes

@Archie This is different than stretching the strings when you put them on; I do that too. This is for after your strings start sounding a little dead. It might help a banjo although may not sound as drastically different as on a guitar. I know @Lucy_L uses this trick on her mandolin pretty often.

3 Likes