Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive

Recorded this before we started traveling.
I love this song! It’s quite difficult to sing, but very fun. Hope you enjoy it!

11 Likes

HECK YEAH! Loved that!

2 Likes

I love that song! Great timing, today, my wife gets back from Eastern Kentucky (not too far from Harlan). She has been visiting family.

For the first time, I noticed a lyric in this song when I heard you sing it. “Moved out west to Pineville.” That’s funny, I think Pineville is maybe 20 miles from Harlan. Not exactly what I’d call “moving out west.” :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks y’all!

Lol, I have no clue where any of it is, I’m just singing the lyrics I got from free lyrics dot whatever… or whatever the site was… lol

2 Likes

Pineville is gorgeous. I spent a weekend there for either a field botany or geology course (way back in the last century). The topology is interesting and varied due a thrust fault. It wasn’t our purpose there, but we ended up collecting and cooking an awesome mushroom called morels. They are a gourmet (costly) item and apparently some people make a living collecting them from the wild. Not sure why I shared that, but there it is…

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

4 Likes

Great job @Dragonslayer, that’s one of my favorite songs!
@Mike_R I’ve heard of Morel Mushrooms but never seen any around here in GA. I guess they’re a little farther north.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Really enjoyed…thanks!