Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wordle

I take a little different approach. I try to get all my vowels first. My first word is always “audio”. My second attempt will probably then use whatever vowel I got with most commonly used consonants such as s,t,r, etc. and maybe an e or y. It’s not hard set, but this is the general idea.

3 Likes

I saved the vowel just not to repeat the letters. But your idea to fix the vowels first, to spell out the word sounds interesting! No wonder you guys do it in 2 tries! :+1:

Wordle 270 2/6

:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

4 Likes

Supa star! :star2:

3 Likes

Wordle 270 X/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
My results today, still not sure really what the goal is or what i’m doing but its kinda neat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Too many words to choose from with those last four. :man_facepalming:

Wordle 270 X/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

Wow, I did way better than I expected!

Wordle 270 3/6

:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

1 Like

@Shaky_loves_banjo the goal is to find the five-letter word in six tries or less. It is simply a matter of elimination and a basic familiarity with common English words and their spellings. Mom had us do these as a part of our homeschool when we were little, so I am already used to the concept. But I’m sure it does look confusing and daunting at first :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

There’s an explanation of how to play if you click the question mark on the site. You basically guess a word, and it tells you how many letters you got right. Yellow means the letter is in the word, but not in the right place, green means it’s in the word and in the right place, and grey means it’s not in the word at all. So there’s a specific five letter word that you’re trying to guess, and it tells you how close you were each time. You adjust accordingly until you get the word, and you get six tries.

2 Likes

Man, you were really close that first time. You could’ve probably gotten it in two

1 Like

I hate that situation :joy:

1 Like

Now i get it Thanks Mason :grinning:

3 Likes

No problem, happy to help. It’s a fun game.

3 Likes

My first guess is always “STARE”. Either confirms or eliminates some of the most common letters, and I go from there.

3 Likes

Wordle 271 6/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:
This was a barely :joy:

6 Likes

Wordle 271 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::orange_square:
:white_large_square::orange_square::blue_square::white_large_square::orange_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

3 Likes

Wordle 271 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:

4 Likes

But… it was a win!

4 Likes

Here’s a tough one from the archives:

https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?69

OK todays… I persisted with my first 3 predictions (from last time) today too. Didn’t attempt yesterday though.

Wordle 271 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

1 Like