Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Wordle

OK 03/11 result…

Wordle 265 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

2 Likes

I know what strategical mistake you make, I don’t want to be a spoiler, I’ll let you figure out! Or I’ll point out after a day passes.

1 Like

I’m not much on games but I like this. I’m a terrible at spelling so one game a day is enough.

6 Likes

Haha I knew too. I should have guessed a word that had a lot of the possible first letters .

4 Likes

I’m enjoying Wordle also! Quicker than most other online puzzles that I like to do, so that’s a plus.

So far my wins are 100% in 43 days (no pressure there!) My average seems to be around 4/6, but I have gotten 2/6 a couple of times! Either I was a good guesser, or it could be my spidey-sense. . .

5 Likes

Wow, that’s really cool! I failed my first try which was about a week ago but since then I’ve gotten them all. Hopefully I can keep going and get that percentage high. It’s a fun game and it’s great since it’s only once a day.

2 Likes

Yup.

I’d recommend you learn Python and write a program to solve this puzzle. Your solution would then solve it in no time! You’d have acquired some programming skills by then and could be an average skilled programmer.

2 Likes

I have been working through the archives. Here is one I found tough:
https://www.devangthakkar.com/wordle_archive/?32

Also thought #2 was tough. (Yeah, that’s a hanging curve ball for any who wish to take a swing)

Here’s mine. They played a nasty trick on me today :angry: :sweat_smile:

Wordle 269 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

3 Likes

It can be hard for sure! Mine usually take 4, but a few days ago there were several hard ones in a row.

Wordle 269 2/6

:orange_square::white_large_square::orange_square::white_large_square::orange_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square: Boom!

6 Likes

@theCrazyEight my response to today’s was very similar. I ended up taking 5 as well. I got three letters (but all in the wrong location) for the first guess.
Wordle 269 5/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

@Michael_Mark, great job! I haven’t gotten a two guess yet. I don’t usually worry about how many guesses it takes (as long as it is 6 or less) but anytime I have a shot on a second guess, I give it a try. (SPOILER ALERT FOR ANY PLAYING) What was your initial guess today?

2 Likes

I’ll PM you with my guess so as not to spoil :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Apparently my lucky day on this…

Wordle 269 2/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

5 Likes

WOW! You almost nailed it on the first guess.

4 Likes

Wordle 269 X/6

:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
How do you even play this? This is my results, no idea what i’m doing or weather or not this is bad :joy:

5 Likes

I got it on my 2nd guess today! Usually it’s like my 4th guess lol

3 Likes

I took a run at it.
Wordle 269 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:

3 Likes

Didn’t quite expect this… With so many letters ruled out of my 3 tries, nothing else could work except for what looked to be this only one word!

Wordle 269 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:

To be on the safer side, unlike you guys (except @Mike_R!) , I always try to eliminate as many letters as possible before I could guess the word, as you could see it from my 3rd attempt which would not include the 2 letters from attempt 2. So I never take a shot at 1,2,3 attempts. :frowning: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Spoiler alert for others!!! SKIP this post. This is for Shaky.

Try to use as many attempts as you could to eliminate the letters.
For example, I used this today…

ZILCH
WORST
BUNDY

No letter overlapping here. If possible, make one more attempt like that to not overlap. I kept vowels A & E for the 4th attempt, but still it was difficult to come up with a word with remaining letters to not overlap. So I took a shot at this point. But using A, E one by one earlier could have located more letters.

By 5th attempt, most likely you would get all letters or enough letters and positions to guess the word easily.