Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Who's heard of Scott Fore?

This is amazing!!! How come I’ve never heard of this guy before?!?! @BanjoBen, Could you teach this version of whiskey before breakfast?

2 Likes

He usually competes at the Fiddler’s Convention in Galax, VA. I saw him once a couple years ago there. He usually places in the top 10 or better.

Don’t know much about him, but yes, he is a good picker!

1 Like

Reminds me of David Grier. And there must be some pretty awesome guitarists at that festival if he only makes top ten!

I just looked it up… He won 1st place in '07 and '13. The last couple years, he either hasn’t competed or didn’t make the top ten (it only shows the top ten). If I rembember, the year I went, there was around 40 or so entries in guitar. He may have won more, I only went back to '07.

1 Like

Was he playing in D or G or something else? I’m asking because I saw what I’m pretty sure was the FmaJ7 chord used in between minutes 1 and 2, 4 or 5 times.

It made me think mixolidian in G, though he also appeared rooted in D. Would love to know. Mind you, I’m pretty much guessing at this whole thing.

Ok, so he plays red haired boy until 1:40, and plays it in G mix. After that, he tunes to drop D and plays whiskey before breakfast in key of D

1 Like

Scott is outstanding, for sure! I met him once and he’s a nice guy.

1 Like