Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Where do you keep your picks?

I found a little $1.00 box at a local craft store, stained it and glossed it up with some lacquer spray. Fits nice in my case. Just wondering where you guys carry your picks to keep from banging them up?

usually setting on the end table for the set I use at home (c.1950’s nationals).

For away I keep them in the cases that my Blue Chip thumb picks came in.

Yeah, but I hate that little blue chip tube…

I like it because my picks always stay in the same order and I don’t have to figure out which pick fits on which finger.

I had a cool leather pouch that fit through one of the hooks on my other banjo…but the nechville doesn’t have hooks, so I may have to use some of my redneck engineering skilz

I bought a thing called the “Pick Pocket” I think from banjo.com. Works good and I throw that on my case.

The ones I use regularly I keep out, banjo picks on the counter next to my banjo stand and guitar pick stuck in the strings on the guitar. Extras I keep in an old Altoid tin. It’s tailor made for picks!

I just toss em into that little flapped section in my banjo case. But I do have this nice little velcroed denim pick pouch from Shark Tooth picks that will easily strap over one’s belt. However, these pouches are designed for their thumb picks, not the finger picks. I also have a nice leather banjo strap that has a pocket for picks as well, but I tend to use my pockets more often.

I’ve got a little change pocket in most (if not all) of my pants. And they don’t lose in the wash! This way I always have a pick nearby. But like normal people, I also have a little cigarette tin that I got from my grandpa that I use

I have strategically left them in various assorted places I have been over the last few decades.

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

I have strategically left them in various assorted places I have been over the last few decades.

— End quote

Haha! Definitely! Never count a couch out for the best pick holders ever.

— Begin quote from "fiddlewood"

I like it because my picks always stay in the same order and I don’t have to figure out which pick fits on which finger.

— End quote

I put a dab of dark red fingernail polish on my index pick to keep them separate :smiley:

I keep mine in a plastic 35mm film canister in my purse. Guess you boys aren’t carrying a purse tho :laughing:

I am afraid to admit it, but I have a little bag that I put my accessories in. I got tired of not having something when I went out. When I first brought it, some band mates commented on my new purse :stuck_out_tongue:

]My banjo came with a strap from an old 35mm camera. It’s got elastic bandolier-style holders for the 35mm film canisters. I sewed one side completely shut and partially closed the other side(to keep the picks from falling out). My picks fit in there perfectly and secure. Now, anytime I pick my banjo up, my picks are right there on my strap. I never have to dig them out of the case or a bag. It also keeps them in order.https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31/p180x540/1403186_10201788720334172_2052992596_o.jpg
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t31/p180x540/1425360_10201788720454175_1901745434_o.jpg

That’s pretty cool!

— Begin quote from "Christol"

I keep mine in a plastic 35mm film canister in my purse. Guess you boys aren’t carrying a purse tho :laughing:

— End quote

Admittedly, I carry around a purse-of-sorts. It’s actually an old army backpack. In it I always have my Bible, my journal, the current book I’m reading, my .45 ACP, leather work gloves, a plethora of pens and highlighters, my iPod, chapstick, candy (for my kids to get into), and my banjo picks (never want to be somewhere and have to say, “If I only had my banjo picks…”)

But even though it’s a very manly army backpack, in all reality it’s a bigger purse than what my wife carries around.