Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What's up with David Lee Roth?

He’s having fun playing with acoustic musicians. I guess it’s some album he did a few years back.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-VZ2mrpBZs[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRwYMqpeEhs[/video]

You know the band isn’t bad at all but David Lee Roth attempting to sing his rock classics bluegrass style is a little creepy to me. He sort of reminds me of a Vegas lounge singer in that clip. :laughing:

Watching DLR with the BG band is a little disquieting. I gotta admit though… “Jamie’s crying” sounds pretty good.

I want to say something nice but I just can’t. I never was a DLR fan and this seemed to make it worse.

I agree with you Mike, Jaimie’s Cryin’ is kinda of cool. I can almost hear OCMS doing something like this. I said almost and I apologize for that. haha

Different for sure and really surprised me. Should have had the dobro do the wah wahhh after the words Jamie’s Cryin’ in the chorus :unamused:

— Begin quote from "jbsjr"

Should have had the dobro do the wah wahhh after the words Jamie’s Cryin’ in the chorus :unamused:

— End quote

That would have been good.

Not sure what’s worse… this or the Alison Krauss/Robert Plant thing awhile back. Musicians and singers are much better when they’re doing what they’re cut out to do.

Anybody know who’s in the band? I recognized Brad Davis (lead guitar). Nice break at 2:17 in the first video.

— Begin quote from "jwpropane"

Not sure what’s worse… this or the Alison Krauss/Robert Plant thing awhile back.

— End quote

As much as I like AKUS I never quiet understood that either.

We have that CD (AK/Plant). I never really got it, and it just wasn’t my thing. I was disappointed. With that said, my wife liked a couple songs from it.

On the other hand: I would give at least a first listen to either Robert Plant or AK singing anything. I like both their voices. I just don’t think musically they work together (their voices or styles).

— Begin quote from "mreisz"

I would give at least a first listen to either Robert Plant or AK singing anything. I like both their voices. I just don’t think musically they work together (their voices or styles).

— End quote

You’re right, I suppose I should have mentioned that I don’t dis-like any of the three. In fact I like all three very much, just don’t care for the combinations. I love Ketchup and Honey, but I wouldn’t put both on my hamburger. :confused:

“Ice Cream Man” is my all time favorite Van Halen song (with DLR). I love his voice along with just the acoustic guitar in the beginning and then how it erupts into an all out classic rock jam. For some reason this song didn’t get as much recognition as their other hits.

I agree about the honey and ketchup… now honey butter on a chicken biscuit? That’s rocking. I loved Ice Cream Man as well. Great song.