Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What non-Bluegrass/Country Music you play

I used to play stuff like this:

7 Likes

Yeah man!

1 Like

Love it! What is the chord progression? Are you using the major scale with the lead?

The tune is in the key of A minor, so the first choice scale is A natural minor (aka Aeolian). However, I like to work around adding the blue note b5, and also play around with the B diminished arpeggio and throw in the G# note when the progression hits the V chord.

That is basically what I am thinking. Past that, I like to layer arpeggios of chord extensions over other chords sometimes (like Cmaj7 over Am) just for fun while trying to keep the melody in my ears.

I guess that was more than you asked… sorry.

1 Like

Thanks Jerry, though I must confess, the vast majority of that went right over my head.:neutral_face:

Uh, my name is Mike. But in all fairness, I have been called much worse than Jerry…:wink:

Sorry Mike. I’ll remember that. :roll_eyes:

No problem at all. There was a time when I was regularly called Paul by folks. I figured that I must look like someone named Paul and often wondered what guitars Paul owned. :grinning:

2 Likes

Check out this wonderful Mozart banjo by Gold Pick member in Guatemala, @seventeen.tons (Julian Root)

6 Likes