Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What are y'all up to?

Jammed with some folks for a couple hours this afternoon. Been a long time since i played fiddle with other people…had a good time. .

5 Likes

Today I got up early( 8am) to go play guitar at church, spent the rest of the day doing ramdom stuff, and when and played more guitar (and keyboard) at youth group. Time for bed, se y’all around,
Harrison :sleeping:

4 Likes

Today I’m attending day 2 of the Getty’s SING! conference in Nashville. One of the breakout sessions today is with my favorite songwriter, Andrew Peterson…I can’t wait!

8 Likes

JUST LOVE this song!! Rev. 5!! He is!!

2 Likes

OH, you are soooo lucky!!! Can I come too?:yum:

2 Likes

How cool @BanjoBen,

Hopefully, you might share some feedback on your experience.

I hope it is everything you had hoped it to be.

2 Likes

Tomorrow I’m going to the Caribbean for the first time (if you don’t count Cuba) with Hannah for her birthday. We got free plan rides with points and found a $90 hotel in Grand Cayman! Woohoo! See y’all Sunday night!

6 Likes

I remember @Mike_R suggesting this too. I have tried it a few times on songs I can play that fast and it works great

2 Likes

Been really busy at work all summer. I got home this afternoon and had enough time to eat supper with the family, cut some okra, and read some stories to the kids. Still doing most of my practicing from 4:00 - 5:30 am before hitting the gym.

4 Likes

Nice! y’all have a good time!

2 Likes

Well have fun Ben!

2 Likes

I just got a ticket to see Alison Krauss and Ron Block in October right here in my own town of Clearwater, FL. It’ll be nice to not have to travel. I’ve seen them before in AKUS, but this is a jazz festival and she’s presently doing her Windy City music I think so she has mostly different musicians but Ron is playing guitar with her. I think Barry Bales is on bass too. Should be interesting.

6 Likes

We’re on our way home from pemba, it’s dark and we have about 2.5 hours drive left. Go check out my YouTube channel, I uploaded a bunch in pemba and I’ll be posting some of them here, but if you want to see all of them go check my channel

4 Likes

I made a freezer of homemade ice cream to enter in the Big Chill ice cream competition. I took all the important stuff. Guitars and banjo. Sure enough there were pickers there. None of us had ever played together. Believe it or not we did good. We played a wide variety of bluegrass, gospel, blues and country. This might have been the beginning of setting up a regular jam. Oh yea, I didn’t win or place in the ice cream competition but I did get a T shirt.

7 Likes

This week I am celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss. We went to the 6th floor museum (JFK) in Dallas. We had friends over for dinner. We had ANOTHER cat dignosed as diabetic (lucky number 3). We have had weddings and funerals this week. The circle of life continues.

7 Likes

Sweet! (sorry) I bet that was a fun time. We had a neighbor’s behemoth two churn stainless contraption here for a long time. We ended up loving making custard. That is good stuff. I don’t miss cleaning the machine. Seemed like it took a couple hours to really strip it and do it right.

4 Likes

Congrats and happy anniversary!

4 Likes

@Mike_R, Happy Silver Anniversary! Enjoy!

5 Likes

Congrats @Mike_R,

25 Years! You should be proud and celebrate this milestone anniversary in style.

Wow, you really had a full schedule lately! Well, the “Circle of Life” moments can really add perspective to remind us of what is really important in Life, right?

Truly a blessing…

4 Likes

My short-term contract ended so I am on the job search once again… :disappointed:

Prayers and recruiter leads are most appreciated…

Thanks.

6 Likes