Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

What are y'all up to?

Oh, and maybe get Ed Wiley in on it somehow :smiley:

2 Likes

Trying to get her started early, lol.

11 Likes

Just adorable Daniel

1 Like

Michael Cleveland…I think it would be cool to hear about how he copes with his blindness, and hearing you guys play with him.

5 Likes

I notice how she is listening to the tones versus just banging on it…Could be some great potential.

4 Likes

You’re hanging out with Ricky Skaggs’ banjo player and you are asking us who to interview? Are you toying with our emotions?

Mr. Skaggs has some Grand Ole Opry dates coming up. Hanging out backstage, interviewing Ricky, and playing some music would be a pretty amazing adventure. And pretty sweet for us watching.

7 Likes

I love how she’s trying to sing twinkle little star, and then just plucking the one string and the look on her face when it doesn’t change with her :joy::joy::thinking:

5 Likes

Went to the animal shelter and got a new baby!! He’s an Alaskan Husky, which essentially a mutt trained to pull. I am his third home and he’s only 15 months old. Searching the net for how to leash train a dog bred to pull

10 Likes

He’s really cute

2 Likes

Get a skateboard? :smiley:

9 Likes

Oh cute!

O got to Beaumont yesterday, and unpacked my dobro… I totally love it! There’s a video on my YouTube channel of me playing it, but I’m too tired to go find it and link it… my channel is Gunnar Salyer for those that want to find it

8 Likes

Saw the video on IG. Sounds great!

1 Like

Things are crazy here at the house with the addition/remodel. The incessant rain has demolished our timeline, but we were able to get windows in yesterday, taped up, etc. Don’t worry, Campers, I won’t rest until I’m able to have counter space to put our your cheese tray. hahahaha

9 Likes

Praying for better weather @BanjoBen

7 Likes

A great skiing day today, three lessons, now my legs are in pain, oh well, I can still play. :wink::roll_eyes: Started to Teach @GraceS banjo yesterday, now I’m afraid she’ll get better than me soon.

5 Likes

Teaching a class on the doctrine of election tonight for our Theology Night. You should be able to watch live here: https://www.facebook.com/tulipgrove/ It starts around 6:30 central.

6 Likes

Working with some swing fiddle exercises lately and swing rhythm ideas on guitar.

5 Likes

Started working on Ben’s Eighth of January advanced banjo lesson today

6 Likes

I tried to check the forum last night, but I fell asleep doing so lol.
I started back working at McAlister’s deli yesterday, and I’m playing bass for the youth worship team this Wednesday

7 Likes

Oh, when I got off work yesterday I walked to the unnamed instrument retail outlet almost universally hated by acoustic musicians to wait for my ride home, and I ended up selling an ukulele :joy:
How it happened was, I was playing the one banjo in the shop (a recording king open back) and this girl (mid teens I’d guess) and her mom (I assume) came up to me and asked if I worked there, I told them that I didn’t, and they walked around the corner to presumably find someone who did work there. I noticed that they walked back to the ukulele wall where they’d been when they asked if I worked there, and they didn’t have an employee with them, so I asked if they needed help. They said yes, and so I helped them pick out a good ukulele in their budget. An employee apparently saw at least part of this, and pretty much offered me a job on the spot. I unfortunately had to decline, as you can’t work at gitar cnt*r unless you’re 18 or older…
So that was interesting.

13 Likes