Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Welcome Alicia Bowman!

I want to introduce y’all to my new assistant, @aliciabowman ! Check out this quick interview!

Where’s home for you Alicia?
I’ve lived in Nashville for about 3.5 years, but I am originally from Ocean Springs, Mississippi (Gulf Coast).

Tell us about your family.
I was an Air Force brat! My parents retired from Keesler AFB and still live on the Coast today. I have one younger sister, who currently lives in Italy with her husband and 3 kids (they’re my favorite :wink:).

What do you like to do for fun?
Sign me up for pretty much anything that requires a ticket :raising_hand_woman: haha! I love to read, spend time with my amazing friends, and drink lots of good coffee!

What do you enjoy about Nashville?
I love the emphasis on the arts (live music, museums, etc.)! I really enjoy the rich history in Nashville, and love going to museums and exploring old homes. Nashville architecture is just beautiful!

What’s it been like working with Banjo Ben so far?
It’s been somewhere between a headache and a root canal :rofl: Just kidding!! Ben works so hard and really cares about his students. It’s been a pleasure learning from him!

What else would you like the Banjo Ben community to know about you?
I would just like to say thank you for the warm welcome! I am so excited to be a part of the community and have already felt so at home. I am inspired daily by the students’ commitment to music and to learning! Who knows? Maybe I’ll pick up an instrument myself soon!

20 Likes

Great to have you on board @aliciabowman you make sure that @BanjoBen doesn’t work you too hard. Do you play Banjo ?

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Alicia! We wish you well on your new adventure. Hope to meet you (perhaps over a cup of coffee) at the Cabin Camp.

2 Likes

Howdy Alicia! Nice to meet you!

2 Likes

@Archie I don’t play the banjo…yet :wink:

2 Likes

@xmark , I’ll meet ya at Cabin Camp for sure! And the coffee is at the top of my planning list, haha!

2 Likes

Nice to meet you @aliciabowman!

2 Likes

Welcome @aliciabowman! Nice to meet you.

2 Likes

Hi Alicia I can highly recommend @BanjoBen he is a great teacher

5 Likes

I just have to add what a gift and blessing it’s been to have @aliciabowman on board full-time. She’s such a fast learner and I’m super stoked!

4 Likes

Thanks for all you do Alicia, we appreciate you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @aliciabowman! Working for Ben, you’ll probably end up learning an instrument! :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for all the hard work you do, I look forward to meeting you at camp

3 Likes

Hi Alicia! Welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you at camp.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @aliciabowman !!! I am the person here that knows the least, and does just that much to prove it.

1 Like

Welcome aboard! Don’t bother with the banjo, you seem smarter than that :rofl: The smart folk go for the mandolin…

7 Likes

Actually Todd. Smart folk go for the banjo coz it’s so much more fun to play. Why do you think everyone is falling over themselves to buy a Twanger ?

3 Likes

Hello Alicia,welcome :wave:

1 Like

Which instrument sold out first at Ben’s camp? And which instrument still has at least one slot left at the second camp?

5 Likes

oh mate, them’s fightin’ words… :scream:

3 Likes